End Of The New Boy

OOC Notice
This scene follow the path that was around Morlok Chambers (and all the students around him). There was a break where the scene was in three rooms simultaneously, at one point. For those, please see the other logs as well. (Players with those logs, feel free to paste them at the bottom of this one, along with an OOC note in this log showing exactly where your log splits/merges!)


Missing ~2 minutes… no logging from the iPhone. «<

The Entrance Hall
The large entrance hall is yet another one of Hogwarts more subtle marvels. It
is a very large domed room, with exits in all directions. Stairwells leading up
and down are clearly marked, and a bend to the south approaches the Great Hall.
Classrooms lay to the north on this floor, and are labeled by floating signs
pointing the way.

* Exits *
north - Down a Large Stone Hallway
east - Caretaker's Office
south - Entryway to the Great Hall
west - Entrance Hall Antechamber
up - First Floor Staircase
down - Entrance to the Kitchens
[Caim] A short boy with short, messy brown hair and ringed, shaded, green eyes seems to be wandering the halls, searching for something [App: 2]
[Waldorf] A boy with golden hair and piercing blue eyes is sitting an armchair, fiddling with his wand. [App: 2]
[Bradley] A slight boy with small ears and wire-rim glasses haunts here. [App: 1]

Bradley osays , 'The school started to shake, Bradley's nearby, gripping a column.'

Waldorf trips on the top step coming up from the kitchens and stumbles into the entrance hall. He looks behind to his brother, and looks around. "The bloody hell was that? I don't think we should go up to the library just yet!"

Caim comes bolting down the stairs as he heard the sounds and seemed to be on his way towards the Great Wooden doors when suddenly he stopped when he saw Bradley.

Morlok is swung against the rail of the stairwell. "I thought Hogwarts would be protected against such things, unless it…" His voice trails off into a slight mutter under his breath. Recomposing himself, Morlok looks up to see Caim and Bradley in front of his brother.

Caim continued to stare at Bradley, moving towards him and then whispered to him.

Bradley backs away, nodding to Caim, then glancing back out the window. It is noticeable that it is storming out.

Waldorf stabilizes himself near the outer rim of the hall, and glances around the room.

A clap of thunder can be heard, loudly, an earsplitting one.

Caim looked out towards the window as well and then back to Bradley, "What else happens?" He says softly but is obviously no longer whispering.

Vardah looks at everyone. "Is everyone alright? No one was hurt?" she asks worriedly.

Emelissa walks into the hall from upstairs and looks around at the group trying to establish what's going on.

Caim looked out towards the window as well and then back to Bradley, "What else happens?" He says softly but is obviously no longer whispering. Then suddenly when the thunder clapped he whinced as he covered his ears.

Bradley stares at Caim with wide eyes. "Hogwarts crumbles," he says, quietly.

Caim looked at Bradley and shook his head. "No way, that can't be happening!" He said loudly and then turned back towards the window and watched for a moment before he pulled out his wand.

Galanos's voice can be heard booming across the halls. "All students get to the Entrance Hall. Charms have been placed to protect this. Any staff willing and able meet me in my office."

Vetiver hasn't let go of her sister's had, chewing on her lip and looking kinda freaked out. She eyes the collected students, and drags Vardah after as she moves toward Caim and Bradley. "…What? Why would Hogwarts crumble?" she demands with a glare. "That's just…" she fades off when Galanos's voice can be heard.

Emerson rushes down the stairs, looking rather flustered, and a bit disheveled.

Morlok nods over in Vardah's direction with a slight smile, despite the weather. Looking back to Caim and Bradley he begins to speak normally again, "Bradley, I haven't seen you outside of class since—" He's cut off by Galanos. "last term." He looks around to the others, nodding at a few.

Vardah flinches at the thunder, hand still clasped with her sister. "What's going on?" she cries. She shakes her head vigorously at Bradley. "No way, Hogwarts can't crumble." she says firmly. She

Caim looks to Betiver for a moment and then back towards Bradley and then up towards the ceiling, trying to see if he notices any cracks forming.

Waldorf jumps at the thunderclap, and notices the hair on his skin curling up. He makes eye contact with his brother, and follows Morlok's gaze around the room.

Bradley clutches on the column, shaking violently as he does. "He doesn't know what he's doing," he almost pleads to the rest of the students. "Don't hurt him."

Caim quickly snapped back towards Bradley as if interupted, "Who? Who is he?"

A clap of thunder can be heard, loudly, an earsplitting one.

Waldorf starts to yell at the Boy hanging on to the pillar. "What are you sodding on about?" He ducks slightly at the second thunderclap.

Emerson jumps with a noticeable start, his already pale skin going even whiter, a high pitched squeak of alarm escaping his lips at the giant peal of thunder. "D-does anyone know wh-what's happening?" he asks, rather frantic.

Emelissa quickly turns to bradley saying "who's he? what are you talking about?"

Morlok listens, silently at this point, as he pulls his wand out. He glances towards Vetiver, as if suggesting caution, before looking back to Bradley.

"We're all going to die," Bradley whispers, gripping the column. "And he doesn't understand." The boy's eyes, from behind his glasses, trail over towards the Antechamber. As it does, the room gets much colder, the torches going out and snapping back, blue flames instead of red.

The Entrance Hall
The large entrance hall is yet another one of Hogwarts more subtle marvels. It
is a very large domed room, with exits in all directions. Stairwells leading up
and down are clearly marked, and a bend to the south approaches the Great Hall.
Classrooms lay to the north on this floor, and are labeled by floating signs
pointing the way.

* Exits *
north - Down a Large Stone Hallway
east - Caretaker's Office
south - Entryway to the Great Hall
west - Entrance Hall Antechamber
up - First Floor Staircase
down - Entrance to the Kitchens
[Emerson] A slight boy with a tangle of mousy hair & moss-hued eyes is standing at the bottom of one of the stairways, looking rather confused [App: 1]
[Emelissa] a girl with long back hair and emerald green eyes is walking down the hallway [App: 2]
[Vardah] A young girl with messy auburn hair, an overabundance of freckles and blue eyes is a bit lost. [App: 2]
[Vetiver] A freckly girl with long auburn hair and vivid blue eyes clings to Vardah, feeling freaked out. [App: 3]
[Caim] A short boy with short, messy brown hair and ringed, shaded, green eyes seems to have just stopped from mid sprint, starring at Bradley [App: 2]
[Waldorf] A boy with golden hair and piercing blue eyes is at the outer rim of the hall, bracing himself. [App: 2]
[Bradley] A slight boy with small ears and wire-rim glasses haunts here. [App: 1]

From the antechamber, a bright blue glow flashes through the hall.

Vetiver shudders with the thunder's echo and stamps one foot. "What the /hell/ do you—" she falters, catching Morlok's look, and bites her lip viciously to hold in whatever she was about to say. Instead, she grabs Vardah's fingers even tighter and steps before her sister, grabbing her wand. Oh, and then blue flashy things? God. "What the bloody freaking hell…" Her voice wavers badly at the last.

Emerson flicks his gaze around nervously, almost randomly, throughout the entire room, his trembling growing noticeably in intensity. He glares over at Bradley, wide-eyed. "W-what's happening? Y-you know who's caus…causing this?!"

Morlok walks over to Caim, although his eyes remain fixed on the glow. "Do you know anything I aught to be aware of?"

Vardah utters something that resembles nothing less than an "Eep" and goes white, both at Bradley's words and the glow. She stares hard at her sister and Morlok, trying to take strength in them. She pulls out her wand as well. Moving forward she stands beside her twin.

Caim was watching Bradley as he spoke and then looked towards the Antechamber. "Your… father…" He said quietly and then nodded to Bradley, "Get to the Entrance hall." He said to any and everyone as he looked to the lights and then ran off towards the Antechamber.

Emelissa steps towards bradley saying "start making some sense will you? Who are you referring to?"

Emerson raises his wand hesitantly, though he appears fairly inconfident regarding when or how he might put it to use, his bright, moss-colored eyes flicking around in terrified confusion.

Jacob rushes into the room, with Aya in tow; his cat poking it's little head from the opening on his satchel, looking around curiously. He looks absolutely terrified, as he comes across the other students.

Waldorf pulls out his wand from his robe's side pocket and runs over to his brother, who was with Caim. He looks at the glow, worriedly. He murmurs, "In the name of Merlin, what is going on here?"

Waldorf grabs a sleek darkened ash wand.

Bradley glances off towards the Antechamber, then up at Emelissa. "I'm sorry. It's not his fault," he murmurs. And then, perhaps the oddest disappearing act everyone's seen from Bradley, he fades away.

Vetiver tugs Vardah close and edges toward Emerson, since, really, the kid seems to need it the most. "Just calm down.. just like.." She nudges her sister, and then frowns after Caim and tries to loosen her hand. "Is anyone going after him?" she demands, turning just enough to watch Bradley… "W..what.."

Morlok looks around to the others. "If you know what you're doing, wand out and let's go. Anyone that thinks they are still just holding a stick, stay here." Wand raised, Morlok heads off to the antechamber.

Emerson seems frozen in place, his mouth slightly agape as his eyes are wide, fixed firmly on the place where the Hufflepuff boy once was.

Vetiver looks to her sister, mirroring her worried look, and then just nods and resettles their hands together. "Get your wand out, V, I think sh-shit's about to get real." Oooh, another Swear. She must be freaked out.

"Merlin's Beard…Lok, do you know something I should know?" Waldorf asks, after observing Bradley's disappearance. He holds up his wand and follows his brother.

To the students, it is notable that the teachers always acknowledged Bradley's existence. Always graded him as if he was around.

Aya has no idea what's going on, and just blinks as several of the boys seem to take off. But she just stands there by Jacob and looks around.

Entrance Hall Antechamber
The Antechamber is much like a waiting room or reception area. A young witch
sits behind a desk, many quills taking notes for her. There is wide stairwell
that leads up slightly, although it doesn't ascend very much. Eastward leads to
the main castle.

* Exits *
north - Faculty Hallway
east - The Entrance Hall
south - Guest Hallway
west - Before Some Great Wooden Doors
[Caim] A short boy with short, messy brown hair and ringed, shaded, green eyes is rushing off towards the Antechamber [App: 2]

Emelissa walks in saying "what are you guys doing? we were told to wait in the entrance hall"

With a hused voice and a definite sense of urgency, he asks his brother, "What is it??" He pokes Morlok in the side with his elbow.

Morlok speaks to his brother, softly, although no real measures are taken to avoid others from hearing as well. "Bradley's the one we stumbled across when I saw the dementor. He was talking to it, supposedly." He walks over towards Caim, looking down the hallway to the south as well.

Down the guest hall, you all could see a bright blue glow somewhere down the hall. Unlike the Entrance Hall, however, this room is unnaturally warm.

Caim looked over towards Emelissa as she speaks, "If you're going to start talking like that then get back to the entrance hall." He says and then watches as more walk in, he sighed a little and then the light caught his eye. He stared for a moment and then started to walk down the hallway.

Vardah joins the boys talking, looking around worriedly. She frowns at the light further down the hall. "Why does this seem to me like the fairy who draws people off the path with fire?" she murmurs to the others.

Vetiver follows the boys with her sister, not about to be left behind when scary stuff goes down. Despite being obviously less than confident. She turns a frown on Emelissa and rolls her eyes at the girl. "Go back, then, if you're worried about it!" After a slight hesitation, she moves to catch them up to the boys. "Like a will'o'the wisp?" she wonders to Vardah in a whisper. "Don't they like, eat their victims or… nevermind."

It is noticable that the glow is suddenly replaced by a glowing ember one, and down the guest hall, coming out of the room, is wasps. That look like they are on fire. That Caim and Morlok might be familiar with.

Vardah giggles—if the sound was somewhat hysterical, she didn't give it a thought. "Yea, thats the one. Let's hope its not them." ….at the wasp, she bites her lip hard. "Kind of like that maybe?"

Morlok seems to ignore all the comments around him, or at least chooses not to respond or change his direction. He begins to follow Caim.

A clap of thunder can be heard, loudly, an earsplitting one.

Caim's transfiguration spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 6.

Waldorf nods understandingly at his brother, and looks down the Guest hallway. "Follow the glow…?" he starts to say, but then as the glow changes to an ember, he starts to shout. "Wasps! They're on FIRE!!" He yells out "Aguamenti!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

Caim watched as the wasps move towards them and shakes his head, "Here come some fire wasps!" He said as he pointed his wand towards them and waited for them to get a little closer, "Aguamenti!" He called and sent a weak jet of water towards the wasps.

That Caim and Morlok would be familiar with, more accurately. Those crazy Chambers kids.

"was just wondering why you're here that's all" she says "and i'm kinda interested in finding out what the hell is going on here so i'm not going anywhere"

Caim's spell do little to the firewasps, putting down some of them, but the swarm is rapidly approaching.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

A large, strong torrent of water shoots out of the tip of Waldorf's wand, surging towards the wasps.

Emelissa's transfiguration spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emelissa suddenly notices the firewasps coming towards her and raises her wand shouting "augmenti!" and some water comes out of her wand felling a few of them.

Vardah's transfiguration spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 6.

Morlok watches on as Waldorf's blast travels towards the wasps, along with a few smaller bursts of water from other wands. He doesn't actually look to see who is casting, just the effect. Surprisingly, he has not yet cast a thing.

Vetiver once again steps in front of her sister and flicks her wand. "Everte Statum!" she yells out toward the wasps, hoping for the best - it worked on scarabs before, and all, so like, maybe.

Vardah follows suit with the others, casting augmenti towards the wasps, only catching a handful.

Waldorf's spell does the most damage, putting down several more wasps, while Emelissa's puts down a few more. Other seplls are casted, a handful dropping at Vardah's spell and then the last of them are blasted unconscious by the spell Vetiver casts. To the students just arriving, they can see a cloud of wasps dropping to the ground, twitching.

Caim watches as all the wasps fall and then looks back to everyone for a moment and then continues down the hallway quickly.

Guest Hallway
This short hallway leads to the Guest Common Area. The stone walls are
decorated with bright colors and the flags of Hogwarts.

* Exits *
north - Entrance Hall Antechamber
east - Guest Common Area
[Caim] A short boy with short, messy brown hair and ringed, shaded, green eyes seems to be starting to walk down the hall to the guest wing [App: 2]
[Bradley] A slight boy with small ears and wire-rim glasses is not really here. [App: 1]

Waldorf continues to yell, watching the water and the wasps collide. "Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about what's going on?" He enters a jog and follows Caim and his brother closely behind.

Caim turns to look at Waldorf for a moment and sighs, "I don't know for sure. I only have an idea." He says quietly as he looks around.

Vetiver slips up as close to the others as she can. "Doooo you maybe wanna share that idea with us?" she asks Caim, chewing her lip.

Emelissa rushes in after the others, curious to see what is going to happen.

The door that the light comes from is shut from the other side, slamming closed by the hand of a house elf. While that goes down, the students in the hall can hear an odd clickity clacking noise.

CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK. The noise fills your head, and can be heard coming from the ceiling, but looking up reveals nothing. Yet.

Caim turns towards the door that slammed and then for the source of the door closing and then looks up towards the ceiling for a moment and reached into his bag for a moment and pulled out a mask to place on his face, hoping to help conceal his fear.

Emerson yanks the hand clinging nervously to Aya's away, both of his hands going to his ears in a futile attempt to drown out the noise, his face a grimace of pain at the horrendous clacking.

Caim gets a darkly hued mask shaped like a Dementor's hood from a small, heavy-duty backpack made of black leather.

Caim wears a darkly hued mask shaped like a Dementor's hood on his head.
Bradley can be seen, suddenly, leaning against the slammed door, watching the other students morosely. He seems unbothered by the noise, and he looks up at the ceiling. "Why are you doing this?" he says, quietly, to no one in particular.

Morlok enters the room behind Caim, his lips remaining sealed until he sees just a glimpse of a house elf's arm through the slit where the door slams closed. "Romko, is th…" Morlok hears the clicking and clacking. "Dorf, get your fire ready. A couple of you, try and get us some light up there." Morlok's wand points up to the ceiling.

Vardah's charms spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vardah casts lumos, hoping to brighten the area. She frantically glances around to see the source of the noise, getting more and more nervous but saying nothing at the others.

Aya tugs Jacob along behind her, and blinks at Emerson. Then she winces and covers her ears as well, "What is that…" She glances around, trying to see anything, then searches for her wand rather frantically.

Vetiver's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emelissa looks at caim confused as he puts on the hood "what are you doing?" she asks.

Jacob lets out a quiet whine, tightening his grip on Aya's hand. Though with his free one, he taps around his waist looking for his wand, before grabbing it and drawing it. "L-lumos.." he whispers.

Jacob's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Wincing at the repeating clickity-clackity noise, Waldorf looks around for the source of the sound. He looks up to see where the sound seemed to be coming from. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices Caim pulling on a Dementor's mask, and looks back at Caim for a moment. "What in the bloody? Caim…whatever your idea is, you better share it with us." He looks back up at the source of the sound, squinting his eyes, and giving a slight shiver.

Vetiver mutters lowly, "If there are scarabs on the ceiling AGAIN I am going to completely lose my crap like woah." Pause. "I'm not even joking." She jumps when Bradley appears and flails her wand slightly between the boy and the ceiling, and then casts "Lumos," echoing her sister.

Aya's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vardah's spell lights up the ceiling. Perhaps Morlok's suspicions are confirmed, because the entire ceiling is filled with these odd beetle looking creatures. Jacob's light reveals more coming from the cracks of the door. Vetiver's fears are defiitely multiplied as more students light up the hall. It is filled with these scarabs. At the moment, they don't seem to be moving. They just stare.

Emerson seems to have recovered slightly from the noise, and, following the others' leads, weakly waves his own wand. "Lumos," he pronounces weakly, half through his gnawing at his lower lip.

Emerson's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Caim shoulders his way towards Bradley once he heard the voice, but then Aya's voice catches him and he comes to a stop near her. His eyes going towards Bradley, "I am here to stop what is happening." He says to Bradley and points his wand towards the ceiling. "Lumos!" He looked up for a few moments to see if anything was there and then back towards Bradley. "I figure the someone doing this is your Father."

Caim's charms spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Aya glances back at Jacob, then pulls out her wand and gives it a flick, "Lumos." Her spells really suck, but at least there's a little light. With a frown she looks back to Jacob, making sure he's close, then looks around at the others.

Emerson looks a bit embarassed by the weak light emanating from the tip of his wand, but nonetheless grateful for the tiny bit of illumination that it adds to that of the others.

Jacob lets out a stuttering blather of incoherent words when he spots the scarabs, screech-whining quietly as he leans close to Aya. "..what're bugs?!?" he asks, though if anyone could see his face he'd be on the verge of scared tears.

Bradley glances down at Caim, then nods quietly. "He doesn't know," he says simply. "He doesn't know." The scarabs still don't attack, and everyone can notice now due to the light that Bradley's face is twisted in concentration.

Morlok's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emelissa holds her wand at the ready in case the scarabs attack.

Waldorf gives a nod in understanding in response to Caim, but his expression stays in panic as the scarabs are lit. "Wait! If you upset them, it won't be good!"

Caim nods to Bradley, "We have to stop him though." He says to Bradley and then start to look around for something that stands out beyond the beetles.

Vardah steps towards Waldorf. "Its better than getting attacked first, isn't it?" she asks, brandishing her own wand at the scarabs. "What do you suggest, then?" She looks at Bradley. "If this is your father, why is he doing this?!"

Morlok yells, "Everte statum!" as he flicks his wand towards the ceiling. Hearing his brothers words, after his cast, he defends himself "Last time, /they/ didn't /wait/ for us." He looks up to see if his spell knocked any of them back.

Vetiver makes an odd noise in the back of her throat and stamps one foot. Again. "Dammit, Lucien's bat spell worked really well.. I don't remember it!" She's getting twitchy and frustrated and squicked at this point - moreso than Vardah might expect of her sister around bugs, but then again, that's a /lot/ of bugs /above them/. On the /ceiling/. She's listening with half her attention to the conversation to one side, but as soon as Morlok starts casting, she does as well.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vardah's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the defmagic spell!
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vardah blinks at her wand in amazement. "wow. What?"

Emerson stares blankly at the insects, his mouth hanging slightly agape, again obviously frozen with uncertainty.

The only thing unusual… other than the scarabs, and uh…. Bradley Cooper… and, well, some of you crazier students, is that the door with the light behind it is made of some sort of metal. Before you could all get a better look, however, Morlok blasts several scarabs back, causing them to be thrown down the hall. And then…. they attack, many of them falling onto you poor students.

Vetiver casts Everte Statum again. oops.

Emelissa's transfiguration spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Many more scarabs are blasted back by Vetiver's spell.

Waldorf groans as Morlok's Everte Statum is cast. As the beetles swarm, he yells out, pointing his wand up. "Incendio!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

As the scrabs dart forward, emelissa shouts incendio sending fire straight at scarabs and waits a second to see if it had any effect on them.

Jacob lets out a blood curdling scream as the scarabs begin falling; flailing his wand around "In-Incendio!!!" he yell-cries.

Vardah's defmagic spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Jacob's transfiguration spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Many of the scarabs that'd drop on Waldorf are burned to cinders, as are Emelissa's enemies, but some of them still fall on robes and begin eating away. Luckily, said robes protect you

Emerson cringes, ducking wildly as the scarabs fall and swarm. He flicks his wand arm almost blindly in the direction of a few of the chitinous beasts.

Jacob's spell kills one. A bunch of them fall on him.

Vardah flicks her want, shouting: "Desumo!!" and cringing.

Emerson's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the defmagic spell!
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

One of the scarabs are blasted away by Vardah's spell, but she too, seems to be overwhelmed. Bradley… is gone again.

Aya blinks at Jacob's wand flailing, then lets out a yelp as scarabs fall on him. Rather than flail her wand around, she tries to help get the beetles off of him with her hands, swatting and brushing quickly.

A great blast of fire shoots out of Waldorf's wand, going straight up. It expands and splits up into smaller blasts, scattering around the students and incinerating beetles all over. He then points his wand at a large cluster. "Incendio!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

"D-desumo!" shouts Emerson frantically, falling to the floor as his spell fizzles ineffectively.

Vetiver shrieks faintly as a bunch o' beetles drop onto her. She casts Everte again and then, freeing her hand from Vardah's, starts trying to beat scarabs off her sister's shoulders.

Emelissa's transfiguration spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Jacob keeps screaming, flailing his arms around as the scarabs keep falling on him; "GETEMOFF!!! GETEMOFF!!!!" he cries.

Emelissa jumps back and aims her wand at a bunch of scarabs in front of her yelling "incendio!" and burning more of them to cinders.

Vardah's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the darkarts spell!
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 6.

Caim looks around for a moment at the sudden surge of insanity and quickly grabs Aya's hand and squeezes for a moment, giving her a chance to see it was him, and then released her hand to move towards the metal door. He pointed his wand at it for a moment, "Come on, please work." He waved his wand a little. "Alohomora!" He called and hoped that the door would open.

Emerson screams loudly, as well, though his words are rather incomprehensible, as he flails and scoots wildly backwards along the floor, attempting to get away from the seething scarabs.

Vardah's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the transfiguration spell!
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 6.

Caim's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Waldorf is getting some work done, blasting several scarabs away. Some of his spells clear Morlok of scarabs, and several other of the more fortunate students, as the spell works just as the Chambers boy wants it to. More are blasted off Emelissa, but Jacob and Vardah are driven to the ground, only being kept from getting bitten by Aya and Vetiver's efforts.

Vardah flails frantically, continually failing her casts.

Caim hears a click, but the door doesn't open.

Morlok's defmagic spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emerson continues to flail, swinging his wand arm. "V-vertex!" he screams, his arm sweeping wildly at the beetles.

Emerson's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Aya blinks as her hand is grabbed, and looks up, into the face of a dementor. For a moment it looks like she might scream, but stops when she realizes it's Caim. She quickly squeezes his hand in return, then watches him walk away. Rather than follow, she continues to try and get the scarabs off of Jacob, "Calm down and help! Stop waving your arms around or you'll hit me!"

Jacob just flails about, screaming bloody murder. Tears burning in his eyes.

Emerson's spell protects him, at least, many of them falling off.

Caim hears the click and then starts to try and open the door, if not opening he starts to bang into the door with his shoulder.

The door still doesn't seem to budge, oddly enough.

Morlok flips his bag up and over his shoulder, as glass can be heard clanking inside. His bag is now tightly against his back instead of loosely by his hip. He steps sideways towards the door, still looking at the scarabs and brushing a few off with his free hand. "Desumo!" He zaps off a pair that had bitten into his robe sleeve. "Bradley, can you get us in there?" His heel shoots back, echoing against the door.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emerson struggles to regain his footing, freed at least from a large number of the beetles.

This time, Waldorf's Incendio emits a jet of fire that burns the beetles in a focused spray. He yells out, "It's time to go!" He notices Bradley Cooper is missing again, and continues yelling "Caim? The door?! Someone help Caim!" He again points his at another cluster of beetles. "Incendio!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emelissa turns her attention away from the scarabs for a minute and points her wand at the door yelling "incendio!"

Emelissa's transfiguration spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Caim steps back a little and glares at the door. "Flipendo!" He waved and pointed his wand at the door hinges, if any.

Caim's darkarts spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vetiver starts stomping on the beetles trying to EAT HER SISTER, face flushing red with the effort and her upset. Finally she throws her hair back in a twist and tries a new spell she's only read about: "Textus!"

Vardah decides to try one last time to be useful.

A stream of fire emerges from emelissa's wand having been sent to the door in hopes of burning the lock.

Vardah's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the darkarts spell!
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 6.

Morlok nods as he sees what Caim is attempting, and gives it a shot himself. "Flipendo!" he shouts, flicking his wand towards the bottom hinge.

Morlok's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Aya's struck in the face a few times, but manages to clear Jacob of his scarabs. In the mean time, Morlok receives no answer while Waldorf continues his amazing display of getting the wasps asses kicked. The door still doesn't do much, not budging at all, while Vetiver stomps at Vardah's robes, accidentally hitting her once. Emelissa's spell does nothing to the metal door, save for making a tiny spot emit a faint orange glow. The scarabs seem to be letting off a little, but Waldorf, looking around, can see that for everyone he clears, more slowly emerge from down the hall.

Vardah shrieks loudly in frustration and begins to flail and stomp and flap at the scarabs still attached to her.

Morlok's spell causes the door to let out a little whine, but doesn't budge. Only the Alohomora spell seemed to get an inkling of a response.

Emerson rushes in Vardah's direction, again waving his wand. "Vertex!" he shouts, again trying the charm that seemed to free him from the beetle's chitinous clutches.

Emerson's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Aya grumbles once Jacob is cleared off, and steps back, rubbing her face, "Now get up." She looks a bit upset. Her wand is help up, and she moves toward Caim, trying to stomp on beetles that get in her way, because her magic sucks.

Emerson's spell helps Vertiver and Vardah lots, freeing them of zombies.

… Scarabs.

Emelissa sighs and turns her attention back to the scarabs thinking if she can hold them off for long enough a teacher will arrive and save them, she points her wand a group of scarabs heading towards her and shouts "incendio!" once more

Emelissa's transfiguration spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Caim nods and looks to Morlok. "I heard a click with Alohomora, but nothing happened. Let's try together." He says and then counts to three on his fingers and waved his wand on three. "Alohomora!"

Caim's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Waldorf watches another blast of fire exterminate a group of beetles, but sees that they just didn't have enough firepower to keep it up. He screams again, with his voice getting noticeably sore. "We have to get out of here! You can either run, or help us get that door open!" He points his wand at the door, yelling "Alohomora!"

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 6.

Vardah grins at Emerson. "Thank you!!" she cries, still flailing and stomping at various beetles.

Waldorf's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

There are two more clicks, and the door swings suddenly open.

Morlok nods to Caim, "Alohomora!" He's never casted it before, but tries to replicate Caim's prior cast.

Morlok's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

After having sent off another burst of fire burning several scarabs she hears the door open behind her and immediatly dashes towards it.

Caim smiles and looks around inside for a moment to makes sure it seems safe before a mad rush into the room.

Waldorf breaths a sigh of relief and runs to the door, yelling back, "Let's go!"

Emerson overlooks Vardah's thanks, much more concerned with the remaining swarming scarabs, stomping at the ones on the floor with wild abandon.

After having sent off another burst of fire burning several scarabs emelissa hears the door open behind her and immiedatly dashes towards it.

Vardah brushes off the last of the beetles. She grabs hands with Veti again. "Lets go!"

Vetiver doesn't even notice she's hit her twin, but does try to help her up once she's freed of the insects. She tries again, pointing toward the remaining horde down the hall and attempting that spider web spell again. "Textus!" But the door's open and she turns, grabbing at Vardah as she runs to follow those running toward the door. Anything is better than Death by Beetle, right?

Morlok walks into the room, not checking to see if it's safe or not.

Guest Common Area
This room is beautifully decorated. Scarves drape from the ceiling and drape
over the furniture. Several plush couches stand in the middle of the room,
facing a short coffee table. Several doors lead away from the room, housing any
guests that visit Hogwarts.

* Exits *
north - Guest Quarters
east - Guest Quarters
south - Guest Quarters
west - Guest Hallway
[Caim] A short boy with short, messy brown hair and ringed, shaded, green eyes is looking around, as if in search of something [App: 2]
[Bradley] A slight boy with small ears and wire-rim glasses is leaning against the door to his father's room. [App: 1]
Waldorf has arrived.

Caim is standing by the doorway, trying to help get students in and keep the scarabs out.

Waldorf swats away a beetle that had dropped onto his shoulder as he runs into the room.

The door slams shut behind you, and it can be seen there are three odd looking gears that lock it, an ominous slam filling the room with air.

A clap of thunder can be heard, loudly, an earsplitting one.

Morlok turns around as he hears the door slam, then looking down, he stomps on the lone scarab that managed to sneak in. He looks back up, turning around, attempting to scan the room.

Caim jumped back a little to avoid being crushed by the door and then looked around at everyone, moving towards Aya, and then taking account of the room.

Vetiver yelps and spins around to jab her wand uselessly at the door when it slams and locks. Cos.. well, it's a door. But she's freaked. So, you know.

Emerson gasps loudly, ducking at the loud peal of thunder.

Bradley stands in the middle of the odd, rather comfortable room. He is in a corner, facing it, speaking to it, shadows cloaking the corner completely. "Please don't hurt them. Please."

Aya gets in just as the door shuts, dragging Jacob and Emerson along with her, "Remind me to keep my mouth shut…" Her nose wrinkles, then she looks around quickly for Caim.

Vardah cries out at the slamming of the door, regretting leaving the entrance hall for the first time.

Jacob jumps suddenly, letting out another cry as he hangs closer to Aya when the thunder booms again. Tears are running down his face, and he looks positively horrified.

Caim smiled to Aya weakly for a moment and then made his way towards Bradley, pointing his still lit wand towards the corner.

Waldorf looks at Caim and glances at Bradley's odd behavior. He murmurs, "What now Caim?", and lets out a couple of deep breaths to help regulate his breathing. He holds his wand up, and follos Caim closely behind.

Vetiver /shoves/ her twin behind her when she finally turns away from the door and sees Bradley - and what he's talking to. Her lower lip wibbles but she stands mostly firm, wand shaking only slightly. "Um. Someone should maybe open the door. I'd prefer the scarabs if it's all the same." Her voice is somewhat less stable.

When Caim does that, he sees a figure. A ten foot tall figure. Shrouded in a cloak of shadows, wearing a hood.

Emerson glances frantically between Aya and Jacob, and towards the ominous request of the Hufflepuff boy in the direction of the corner, and back to his nearest fellow 'claws. "Wh-what is hap-happening?" he asks, his eyes at their widest, his entire face paler than milk.

Morlok shakes his head, "Caim, wait! Dorf!" He looks past them to bradley, "Bradley… Bradley…"

The room suddenly gets cold again. Very cold. A feeling of sadness fills your hearts as it float into the light.

Emelissa notices the 10 foot tall figure and steps back looking a bit scared.

Caim looks to everyone "BACK NOW!" He shouts and then points towards the door.

Morlok's arm is no longer so stiff, as his elbow starts to bend. Then his knees and back. He seems to faint as he drops to the ground, his wand a few inches from his finger tips.

Bradley shakes his head, and grabs… yes, grabs onto the creature's sleeve. "Please. Please. Leave them alone. You have me. Please."

Waldorf looks up at the figure, and cringes away, taking a few steps back, away from Caim. He holds his free arm up, as if protecting his head from the dementor's gaze.

Aya blinks slowly as she focuses on Bradley. For a moment she just stares, then blinks when Caim shouts, "What…What is it?" Again back to Bradley, a frown forming as she tries to take a step forward, but is stopped because Jacob and Emerson have her hands.

Emerson stiffens suddenly at the drastic drop in temperature, turning slowly back towards the corner. At the sight of the hooded figure, he seems frozen in place for a moment, but then collapses, falling to a small heap on the floor, his hand slipping from Aya's as he falls.

The creature seems to be looking around, indeed trying to catch everyone's gaze.

Vardah sniffles, a tear spilling down her cheek. What did the other boy mean, it has him? She couldn't just leave her housemate to the clutches of… of …. that thing!

Caim just stares at the creature, figuring this was the one he has already had a close encounter with and spreads his arms out as far as he could, as if trying to make himself the easiest to look at. He then softly spoke to those behind him. "Quickly open the door and get out."

Jacob lets his gaze glance around the room, then it.. slowly.. falls.. onto the figure. The look of horror on his face, cannot be described by words. Though the rather obvious stain that appears on his pants speaks loudly. With a rather pathetic whine, he ducks as low as he can behind Aya, quivering immensely.

Emerson seems to still maintain some vestige of consciousness, but is in a strange, shocklike state, his breathing rapid and raggedly shallow, his eyes still wide and fixed on the hooded figure.

Oddly, the creature doesn't make a move to advance on a student, watching Bradley now, expressionless. It then turns its attention to Caim, its head canting to the side, like a cat. It says something, but it's so low of a whisper that no one can make it out.

Waldorf has practically crumpled to the ground. He sits up as best he can, hesitating for a moment to regain composure. He raises his arm up weakly, and barely manages to whisper. "Incendio"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

Vardah wraps her arms around herself protectively, almost losing her grip on her wand as she lists to the side, unaware or uncaring of the movement around her.

Aya frowns as she watches Bradley, then glances at Caim. Quickly she turns to Jacob, "Jacob…As soon as the door is open, run, ok?" Then she crouches down to try and wake up Emerson, "We need to get him up, so he can go with you. Help me, Jacob." Her gaze flicks toward Caim more often than not, keeping track of him.

Emerson continues to breath in jagged gasps, his eyes glistening with panic.

Vetiver sniffles as well, her eyes brimming with unshed tears as she tries to keep herself between her twin and the monster in the room. "Gods it's cold," she whispers, her wand wavering more though she hasn't moved from pointing it at the dementor. "Vardah stay behind me. Try to alohomora the door or some-something," her voice hitches.

Morlok starts moving his fingers, opening his eyes, and then grabs onto his wand. He starts to try and get up, now up to his knees, as he hears his brother. He raises his chin to see the blast of fire…

Vardah's charms spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

The Incendio catches the creature by surprise, if anything. It lets out a loud, earsplitting shriek that fills you all with despair, and it… well, it leaps. That's all it could be described as. It sails over Bradley's head, and its evident whom its target is as it seems to move to crash down onto Waldorf.

Vardah casts a spell, but instead of the alohamora her sister requested, she casts "Vertex!" in a cry at the dementor. It was the first spell she thought of, would it work?

Waldorf collapses again, fainting before his head even hits the ground.

Caim quickly moves backwards, seeing that the Dementor has moved, and gets in between Waldorf and the Dementor, "NOOOO!"

Emerson still seems quite incapable of any motion, his breaths increasing in both rate and irregularity, his pale face slowly shifting from white to a bluish shade.

Emelissa stands back, she has heard stories about dementors, and know better than to try to fight one.

Jacob can't seem to get himself to move, even at Aya's request. The sight of the figure, the dementor, as he now recognizes, sort of steals any sense of coeherent thought from the boy's mind. Too scared. Too afraid to move. He remembered looking them up, after Caim showed him the pitcture…

The Dementor crashes down upon Caim like a wave, pinning the boy to the ground. All of you seem to be warmer, now, as it focuses on the boy, and a noise like howling wind can be heard. Some sort of vortex appears at Caim's mask, and ripples of air seem to move from behind Caim's hood to behind the Dementor's hood.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Morlok is now fully to his feet. He points his want at the Dementor, and looks as if he realizes how little effect the incendio had. He flicks his wand, now pointing it towards Caim, and yells "Everte Statum!"

Morlok's darkarts spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Waldorf's skin is turning paler as he remains unconscious.

Vetiver has started shuddering before the creature even moves, and when it shrieks and leaps, she staggers backward with a low moan. Vardah's cast seems to wake her up a little, and the warming air as the thing attacks Caim helps at least a little. She attempts an "Everte Statum!" at the thing, echoing Morlok.

Caim is forced to the ground with a loud thud and looks up, through the mesh that covers his eyes and waves his wand towards the door. "Alohomora." Hoping that others would get the hint.

Vardah's Vertex spell nudges the Dementor slightly, but doesn't budge it

Caim's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emerson glances around frantically, his eyes flicking towards Caim as the dementor plunges towards him, his expression one of absolute terror at his own helplessness to do anything for either himself or his friend, his face going almost a violet shade at his shortness of breath.

The dueling spells sway the Dementor back and forth, and definitely gain its attention, as it looks up and glances from student to student, Caim free of its kiss. The room begins to get cold again. Bradley watches from the corner, face without expression.

Vardah sees she's totally ineffective. Her magic doesn't work, she doesn't know enough spells. She looks around, hoping for help from the others. She seems Emerson's pall and gasps. Moving as though through sludge, she staggers to him, tears still streaming from her eyes. She shakes him a little, and if that doesn't work, she's prepared to give him a smack.

Caim tries to reach up towards the Dementor to grab it. "RUN!" He said as he tried to pull the creatures attention back to himself.

Morlok kneels down next to his brother, shaking him violently, as he yells over his shoulder. "Dammit Bradley… Do something!"

Emerson twitches in his prone position, his robes shifting a bit, revealing an odd cylindrical bulge in one of his pockets, his breath still ragged and rapid, though shallowly gasping.

Waldorf opens his eyes and gasps several times, gulping in air. He looks around frantically, as he starts to get up slowly to his feet. He points his wand up in the air again, and musters a yell. "Incendio!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast brilliantly and the effect is exactly how he desired it.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emelissa is standing in teh corner of teh room looking terrified, hoping a teacher arrives soon to fight this creature off.

"Emerson!" Vardah shouts at him, smacking him hard across the cheek. She looks at the shape, and knowing a bit about muggles, wonders if it may be something to help. She rummages through his pockets, murmuring an appology as she pulls it out.

Another blast of fire leaps out of Waldorf's wand and goes over his head. It brings some warmth back to his surroundings, and yells, weaker this time, "Caim!"

Emerson flicks his brilliant viridian gaze to Vardah, his expression desperately pleading in confirmation.

The Dementor is rocked back and forth by the spells, though they still seem to be mostly ineffective. Caim's hand finds nothing to grasp on, as if the creature's incorporeal, and his hands become freezing cold, while the monster rises from Caim's body. At Morlok's desperate plea to Bradley, the boy glances up, and then glances at the Dementor. "I… I'm sorry," he says, before he runs over and dives at the Dementor. He seems to be able to touch it, and they fly through the metal door. It's… noticable to see Bradley goes through the door, just as the Dementor does. They pass through Aya while they sail off.

Vardah takes the tube and places the one end as gently as she cangiven the shaking of her handsinto Emerson's mouth. She presses the tube, hoping she's doing the right thing.

Vetiver sobs a couple times, trying to think of what else to do. She watches her sister, stepping after her stiffly, and then falling to her knees with a low sob beside her twin. She stares blankly after Bradley and the dementor and the closed door. "I… don't…" She shifts until one entire side is touching Vardah's, her eyes not leaving the door as she slumps against her sister. "What."

Caim seems a little frozen as he watched Bradley and the Dementor go flying off, after taking a moment he climbed to his feet and held his freezing hand. "Ahh." He cries a little and then points his wand to the door again. "Alohomora."

Caim's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Aya was just turning back toward the room, when there's suddenly a dementor and Bradley flying toward her. With wide eyes she presses back against the door, and clamps them shut a second before the hit her. Or…Go through her? She sucks in a breath at the sudden cold, her lips even going a bit blue, then she slides down the door as color slowly returns to her face. Did she just faint?

Emerson sputters as he inhales sharply in a jagged gasp from the proferred tube.

The room warms noticeably.

"Do you need to take another?" Vardah asks Emerson, putting an arm around his shoulders to help him up. She seems remarkably capable of ignoring the rest of the room as she focuses her attention.

Emerson still breathes raggedly, but goes a little slightly less blue. For once, he seems able to regain motility, albeit only quite weakly, managing a slight, frantic nod.

Waldorf lowers his wand to let the fire disappear, and tries to regain his balance as a dizziness encompasses him again. He shakes it off, and looks at the door, murmuring, "Merlin's beard…"

Emelissa breaths deeply in relief as the dementor flies out of the room slumping down against the wall.

Jacob is still on the ground, near Aya. The look of horror on his face still prominant as is the obvious wet spot on his pants. He hasn't moved, though with the dementor and Bradley gone, he seems to shift slightly. Tears run down his face, as he stares around helplessly at the other students. Immediately, he pulls his legs to his chest, sobbing into them. He doesn't even notice Aya's on the ground.

Vardah depresses the tube again against Emerson's lips.

Morlok's eyes are wide open. He blinks quickly, hiding any indication of surprise as to what Bradley just did. He looks over to Caim again, then points his own wand towards the door. "Alohomora."

Morlok's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

The door makes another click, two locks disengaged.

Vetiver's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emerson manages to slightly raise a stick-thin arm, grasping Vardah's free forearm as he seems to draw from the inhaler, this breath slightly more controlled than the last. The color (or lack thereof) seems to be returning to his face again slowly, albeit steadily.

Waldorf flicks his wand at the third lock on the door. "Alohomora!"

Waldorf's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Vetiver finally rouses herself enough to realize, hey, locked door still. She tries an Alohomora of her own, wavery though she is.

The lock disengages, while Aya leans against the door.

Unconscious.

Aya when the door opens, she falls backward, whacking her head. For the second time this year. She's so gonna get in trouble.

The door to the next room slams shut tightly, that house elf's hand seen briefly.

Caim moved over towards Aya, having missed all that happened to her and raises her up to hold in his arms. "Aya? Aya?"

Vardah rubs Emerson's back. "Again?" she asks, still holding the tube.

Outside the door, as Aya's prone form forces it open, is screams, the Dementor's shriek can be heard, as well as Bradley's wails, echoing off the halls.

Emerson manages to shake his head, still wordless, but his eyes now seemingly brighter with gratitude to Vardah than his previous panic.

Aya is still out, thanks to the shock of the demontor going through her, and hitting her head on the floor. But hey, at least she's twitching a bit. Or is that a bad thing?

Vardah tucks the tube back into Emerson's pocket. She flinches at the door opening, and seems to come back to the present at the screams. "Merlin, its killing him!"

"Not the beetles again…" mutters Waldorf. He looks through the door, seeing Aya fall. "Hel-" he starts, but is interrupted by the screams.

Vetiver flicks her eyes around the room, ignoring tear tracks but for a hand swiped across one cheek. The screams make her wince, though, and whimper slightly as she shoves herself ungracefully to her feet. She looks at Vardah, at the door, at Vardah. Rubbing her eye with the hand still holding her wand, she stumbles toward the door. "We can't…"

Caim looked towards the door that was slammed shut and shook his head. "We have another locked dorr out her." He said as he felt the back of Aya's head for a moment to see if there was a lump and then pointed his wand towards the door. "Alohomora"

Caim's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emerson slowly seems to recover, the panic again rising in his eyes as he notices Aya's prone, twitching form, and hears the screams.

Vardah leans Emerson against the wall and moves to Aya's side, pulling one of her lids open to check her eyes. Her mother, a healer, had often talked about what to do with a concussion. Perhaps she could help.

Morlok darts out into the hall, right past Caim and Aya. His voice can be heard from the hallway, "No bee.." his voice cuts off, along with quick footsteps.

The screams do little to ease Jacob's crying fear, infact it only makes it worse. He shudders violantly, hugging his legs to his chest. "..wanna go home..iwanna go home.. iwanna go home.." he mutters to himself, rocking back and forth. Still not noticing Aya, as his face is buried in his knees.

Aya twitches a bit more as Vardah peels her eyelid open. Suddenly a hand lifts up, swatting at the girls hand, before she tries to roll onto her side and curl up against Caim.

Waldorf takes a few steps back into the hallway, following the shrieking and wailing.

Guest Hallway
This short hallway leads to the Guest Common Area. The stone walls are
decorated with bright colors and the flags of Hogwarts.

* Exits *
north - Entrance Hall Antechamber
east - Guest Common Area
[Bradley] A slight boy with small ears and wire-rim glasses talks to shadows. [App: 1]

Bradley pulls himself shakily to his feet, as the Dementor flies back into him, knocking him off his feet. He pulls himself to his hands and knees, glancing up at Morlok, face looking resigned, while he gets tackled down the hall by the creature again.

Morlok mutters under his breath as he races down the hall after Bradley… "should've pushed Galanos".

Aya shakes her head slightly, wincing at the pain, "No, no…I'm ok." She straightens as they move into the hallway, not leaning on Caim as much. THen her eyes sweep the hallway, "Where are they…"

Jacob had totally gotten up, and followed with Aya. Slowly. Whimpering. And looking quite pathetic.

Bradley is driven to the ground by the Dementor, but blasts it back by screaming into its face. He turns onto his hands and knees, whimpering while it seems mostly unaffected, coming back for another attack.

Morlok stops about 5 paces short of Bradley and the Dementor, his wand still up, although he just points it… without casting at all.

Emerson stumbles backwards at the sight of the sight of the Dementor and at the sound of Bradley's screams, nearly tripping over his own feet, but somehow managing to remain standing.

Caim shakes his head a little, I don't know, but I think Morlok might be chasing them. I can't let Bradley deal with that thing alone. "Someone needs to go tell Professor Draconos or the Headmaster." Caim points his wand towards the Dementor but paused as he thought about his conversations with Professor Draconos.

Vardah is afraid that her magic will only make things worse, but still she clutches her wand. She takes a few steps forwards only to waver in fear.

Vetiver takes a breath as she emerges into the hall with everyone else. Except Morlok, who is running off down the hall. Aya is with Caim, Vardah has Emerson taken care of.. and Vetiver shudders visibly before hardening her grip on the wand and darting after Morlok. "Dear mum and dad," she pants, "I swear I don't have that death wish you keep accusing me of. Please don't take me out of Hogwarts." She stumbles almost to her knees when Morlok stops, to avoid hitting the boy. She gasps softly to catch her breath.

Waldorf trots a few steps behind Morlok. He stops in his tracks by Morlok's side, letting out a small shiver. As the dementor seems to overcome Bradley. Waldorf raises his wand again, but does not cast yet.

Aya blinks at Caim but remains by his side. However, she pauses and turns to see if Jacob had followed. Quietly she steps toward Jacob, and reaches out for his hand, voice going soft, "Jacob…Jacob, when you can, we need you to run, ok? Someone needs to get a Professor, or the Headmaster. Can you do that?"

Caim watches Bradley sadly, knowing there was nothing he could do to… He stopped for a moment and it seemed that a fairly crazy idea started to cross his mind.

Bradley rolls away from the Dementor, struggling to get to his feet again, while he stares up at it. He glances over at the rest of the students, shaking his head, before glancing up at it. "I… the teachers are all outside," he murmurs.

Emerson gnaws his lower lip with obvious concern at Aya's words, nodding, albeit rather uncertainly. "Y-yes…someone should t-try to inform the f-faculty, but…but we…we shouldn't send him by himself!"

Caim Bradley's words he nods. "Ok." He flicks his wand at the Dementor. "Accio Dementor!" Called and hoped that it would work, only to make sure that he was quickly running down the hall, in a mad dash towards the outside.

Caim's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

The Dementor grabs Bradley by the shoulders, driving him into the wall. Caim's spell does… well, it actually tugs at the Dementor, and it turns back to stare at Caim wordlessly. He tosses Bradley easily aside, moving towards the children. Bradley struggles to his hands and knees. "What are you doing?!"

Caim points his wand at the Dementor again. "Flipendo! I am trying to help you!" He says and tries to make his way past the Dementor.

Caim's darkarts spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vardah pulls of her shoe, figuring that is her last choice. She whips it as hard as she can at the dementor.

Ria got lot along the way during the emergency and is just starting to catch up with the rest of the group now. but seeing the chaos before her she gasps and pushes herself against the wall, feeling around for her wand.

Waldorf clenches his wand tighter, keeping a firm grip. He gives a quick flick of the wand at the dementor, yelling "Incendio!"

Emerson whips his head in Vardah's direction, seemingly stunned by her reaction.
Vardah tells you, 'well, my spell casting sucks, right?'

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

Caim shakes his head, "We need to pull it out to the teachers." He called and tried his best to keep the Dementor focused on himself. "Accio Dementor!"

Caim's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Vardah then, for inanity's sake and because she HATES asymetry, she whips the other one too.

The Dementor looks nudged, and begins to float towards Caim lazily. The shoe goes through its head, the Accio tugging at it again, but it's such a weak tug. Even the Incendio doesn't do much but anger it, and then it flies towards the students away from Bradley, quickly.

Jacob shudders violantly, looking at Aya glassy-eyed. "..but.." he starts, tears sort of just seeming to casually run down his face now. But still profusely, and he sobs alot too.

Another blast of fire furiously shoots out of Waldorf's wand and heads straight for the dementor.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Morlok runs over to Bradley, closely hugging the wall, while the other students stay busy distracting the dementor. "Bradley, give me some direction. What can we do, or who do we get?" He's careful not to actually touch Bradley at all.

Vetiver wavers. Okay, so, dementor coming for them all. She tries another Everte Statum on the thing, since it seems slightly less useless than flailing around. She backs up slowly, trying to come up with something more useful.

Bradley glances at Morlok warily. "The teachers are busy," he mumbles. "We… you need to stop my father. Let me…" he glances warily at the Dementor, tears streaking down his face. "Let me handle him. You guys need to stop him."

Aya nods to Emerson, "Go with him, please?" She tries to give them both a smile, but quickly turns when she hears all the spells being cast. As the dementor comes near them, she steps forward, trying to get infront of it, not wanting the other students to get hurt, "Someone go get the Professors!" Then she faces the Dementor.

Caim's transfiguration spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 6.

Caim ducks around the Dementor, hoping it followed him, and stood at the hallway heading towards the Great Doors. "Hey YOU! DEMENTOR! Come get me." He says as he waves his wand a little. "Incendio!"

A clap of thunder can be heard, loudly, an earsplitting one.

Ria, who is on the other side of the dementor opposite from the group, yells blocking herself from Waldorf's incendio. But when she notices that it begins attacking the group she decides to get it away from them as well. "Incendio!!" she says, hoping to lure it away from the group as a whole.

Ria's transfiguration spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Caim begins to head towards Ria, and they throw tiny streams of fire at the Dementor. The Dementor pauses, glancing between the larger group, then Caim and Ria, then Bradley, its head tilting. Outside, a loud crash can be heard.

Emerson fidgets uneasily, clearly struggling between the urge to run, and the desire to stay and (likely ineffectively) defend his fellow students. He glances towards Aya, then towards Vardah. "W-we HAVE to go g-get help!" he exclaims frantically. "C-come with us. Y-you don't have any more shoes t-to throw, and they obviously w-weren't doing any good!"

Morlok nods, offering a hand to help Bradley up quickly. "Where can I find your father?"

Vardah she looks to Emerson and wavers. "I can't!" she cries. "I won't leave Veti!" she turns to face the dementor again.

Vardah's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the transfiguration spell!
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 8.

Aya watches the dementor turn, then glances back at Emerson and Jacob, "Go." She heads toward Bradley, while watching the dementor and Caim very closely. She doesn't look too happy. Maybe that second whack to the head knocked something wonky…Wonkier.

Bradley points back behind the metal door, warily, as he grasps onto Morlok's hand to pull himself up. Solid again. And then he starts heading towards the Dementor, shaking violently.

Waldorf screams at the very top of his lungs at Caim and Ria, down the hallway. "Run! G-Get help!" He stumbles back, away from the dementor, heeding Bradley's advice.

Morlok turns around quickly, nearly throwing his wand at the door. "Alohomora!"

Morlok's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Waldorf's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Waldorf points at the door, yelling "Alohomora!"

The door clicks once more. Then again, being swung open.

Emerson gnaws voraciously at his lower lip, glancing again towards Vardah. "P-please!" he exclaims, turning to run, grabbing at Jacob's and Vardah's robes.

Vardah snarls in frustration at her wand. "Veti!" she yells. "Try to distract it or something. I wanted BIRDS but… DAMMIT!"

Vetiver's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the transfig spell!
Spell Type: transfig, Difficulty Used: 4.

Jacob lets himself get pulled along by Emerson, clearly no real coherent thought in his head at the moment. Still trying to get over the shock of seeing the dementor.

Vetiver's transfiguration spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 4.

Caim looks to the Dementor, needing it's attention. "Accio Dementor!" He called to the Dementor and then looked to Morlok. "Just protect Aya for me." He calls to him and then rushes off to go find help.

Caim's charms spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Emerson struggles to yank Jacob along with him, also glancing after Vardah with newfound concern and gratitude. "We h-have to go get h-help!"

Vetiver twists her head back at Vardah's words, nodding once firmly as she casts Avis and… sputters out a couple sad birds? Such a useful distraction. She turns and bolts to her sister, not even waiting to see if she was remotely useful (cos she wasn't, let's be honest here.) "Come on come on."

Vardah stomps her foot and practically growls (sounding, strangely enough, not unlikely her mascot—the badger.) "No, I won't leave her!"

The Dementor seems like it's about to follow Caim, but then Bradley tackles it again, through another wall, them unseen.

And with the Dementor out of sight temporarily, Ria takes the opportunity to rejoin the group and makes a run for the other side, turning her head around to see if it comes back.

Aya blinks as Bradley and the dementor vanish again, and she goes rather pale, "Why does he keep doing that…" Then she turns to follow Morlok, "Let's get that door open. I feel like kicking a crazy old man."

Vardah stomps her foot and practically growls (sounding, strangely enough, not unlikely her mascot—the badger.) "No, I won't leave her!" As Vetiver approaches, she looks somewhat sheepish and takes her hand to follow her.

Morlok bolts back into the room where he saw the house elf hand, twice now.

Emerson continues to tug frantically at Vardah's sleeve. "G-get her! B-bring her with us!"

Guest Common Area
This room is beautifully decorated. Scarves drape from the ceiling and drape
over the furniture. Several plush couches stand in the middle of the room,
facing a short coffee table. Several doors lead away from the room, housing any
guests that visit Hogwarts.

* Exits *
north - Guest Quarters
east - Guest Quarters
south - Guest Quarters
west - Guest Hallway
[Vardah] A young girl with messy auburn hair, an overabundance of freckles and blue eyes is frightened. [App: 2]
[Vetiver] A freckly girl with long auburn hair and vivid blue eyes has her wand out and her hand clutching Vardah's [App: 3]
[Daedelus] An imposing granite gargoyle with a sly, fanged grin stands perched on the face of the closest student. [App: 2]

Vardah's charms spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Vetiver's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Waldorf's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Vardah whips her wand in frustration at the locked door, shouting "For Merlin's sake this better work! ALOHOMORA!"

Morlok rushes all the way to the door opposite the hallway, wand at the ready. He waits before casting, hearing three 'alohomora' casts coming from behind him.

Vardah's is the one that swings the door open, the oters, well, helping, sort of.

Morlok continues to dart through the door, not even having to slow down.

Emelissa dashes through the door after is has been unlocked heading after Morlok.

Vardah astonished and almost on a high from a successful cast, she runs through the door without looking.

"What now…" murmurs Waldorf, as the door opens before he readies a cast. He follows Morlok, only a few steps behind.

Vetiver utters a low croak as she's dragged in after her sister. No careful look, no reconnaissance, nothing. Gods.

Guest Quarters
This unfinished room was created by Takkuso.

* Exits *
west - Guest Common Area

Morlok's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Morlok looks around the room, "Lumos!", and his wand brights up more than it ever has before. Barely any shade is in sight, as the light from his wand seems to bend around the smaller objects that would normally cast a shadow.

Vardah's charms spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

The first thing that is noticed is a huge machine in the middle of the room. Yes. A machine. It gives off a bright blue glow, and looks like several interlocking razor sharp discs spinning about. In front of the machine is a table, where an urn is, oddly enough. Standing in front of the table, hunched over, is a tall man, almost seven feet, wearing not robes, but a lab coat. He's not facing you. Instead, what does face you is a house elf, who's scowling in your driection.

Vardah follows MOrlok's lead and casts lumos as well.

Morlok's charms spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 6.

Aya follows in behind Morlok, and instantly blinks at the machine. She glances briefly at everyone, but holds her wand up for a whole other reason than to cast Lumos. She's gonna get whacked on the head again.

Morlok utters "nox" as his wand slowly dims, unnecessarily slow and dramatically. He looks down to the house elf, apparently not a friend of Romko, and then back up to the back of the lab coat. "Excuse me, sir?" His words came out quickly, although some politeness manages to come across as well.

Vardah looks at the machine closely, trying to find some kind of power source.

Vetiver shields her eyes from the sudden lumps light, and when her eyes adjust, she blinks a few times. "…What.." She frowns at the house elf, nervously, and glances between it and the man behind numerous times.

Waldorf glances briefly with a questioning look at his brother, but quickly resumes staring at the giant and small figures before them. He tightens the grip on his wand, as his wand hand starts to shake slightly.

The power source seems to be coming from, well. Odd columns that are strewn about. Despite Hogwarts being a school of magic, it looks like something out of science fiction. The house elf meanwhile, is one Aya recognizes. He clenches his fists. "I sent the bugs at you, and the friggin' beatles, and the dang Dementor, even. You little maggots!" He growls. The tall figure seems to ignore them at the moment, and they could see why. He wears ear muffs, for some reason, and in his hands are tools, almost like Muggle tools.

Aya blinks as she stares at the house elf, then scowls, "That dementor is attacking my friends. Bradley keeps going through thing with it." She takes a step forward, fingers tightenng around the wand, so much so that her knuckles turn white, "Call it off. Before it kills someone."

Vetiver has no clue what any of that is. She does, however, understand what the house elf said. Wild-eyed, she stamps her foot and jabs her wand at the little beast. "YOU! You horrible little /thing/! I actually liked bugs before that! Jerk!" Nearly each word is accompanied by a gesture with her wand.

Vardah is suddenly wary again now that she's dealing with another 'person', she grabs her sister by the sleeve to calm her and leans in close. "What do we do?" she asks with a voice that shakes.

Morlok ponders a moment, a quizzical look on his face, before responding. "Those weren't to stop us from getting here though… or you wouldn't have sent them in the halls, and in the dungeon. This has to do with Bradley." His wand lowers while he talks, and he stands, patiently, despite the circumstances in the hallway.

The House Elf glares up at Vetiver, before glancing up at Aya. "No. I have my orders. I gotta protect the machine!" The air ripples around the House Elf oddly. "If you're here to destroy it…"

Vardah's eyebrows creepy up. "Destroy it?" she whispers out of the corner of her mouth. "You're good at breaking stuff, aren't you?" she says to Vetti.

Ria is a bit shaken at the moment and stays silent for now. She watches on at the House Elf and then her gaze moves toward those in the party - the Wildesmith sisters, Aya, Morlok and back to the house elf.

Aya shakes her head and watches the elf, "No. We just want the dementor gone. Please! Please…Can you make it stop and go away?" She glances back at the other students, "We're afraid…Nobody likes those things. They're scary. And a few of us already have nightmares from the last one…"

Waldorf looks between Aya and the house elf annoyingly for a moment, and then returns his attention back to the tall man and his machine.

Caim rushes back in, soaking wet, with no Professor to be seen. He is holding his wand still as well as something else, it appears to be a flashlight. He looks around for a moment… "Umm?"

The House Elf shrugs his shoulders, now. "Can't call 'em off. Dementors feast on happiness, and there ain't no more happiness I can give 'em. Anyway," the elf mutters, while lifting his finger and pointing. "You kids need to stop meddling."

Caim recognizes the House Elf as the Cooper's family one.

Emelissa examines the machine for a second and then realises something "uh that machine" she says "I think it's the work of an artificer"

Vetiver narrows her eyes and just nods simply to her sister, chewing on her lower lip. But she doesn't move to destroy /anything/. Yet. Instead she just glares. "We are /not/ meddling." Wandjab. "We wouldn't even /be/ here if you weren't doing… weren't.. whatever it /is/ you /are/ doing."

"You're here to meddle, Meddle Miss McMeddlesome Meddler," the House Elf shoots back at Vetiver.

Waldorf addresses the house elf with his wand raised, ignoring all of the elf's warnings. "What's the machine do?"

Caim looks to the elf, man, and those gathered, "Where is Bradley and the Dementor?"

Vetiver STOMPS. "Well I wouldn't be if it wasn't for YOU!"

Morlok stares down at the house elf, fully aware of how powerful it could be.(Those that visited over the holidays would know his uncle has many, although they all acted much kinder and jollier than this one.) Morlok steps forward, although he is careful to keep his wand pointed aware. "I need to speak to him." He nods towards the man in the lab coat, as he takes a second step.

Vardah grabs her sister and shushes her. She watches as Morlok approaches the man.

Waldorf watches his brother carefully, and lowers his wand down, as if realizing something.

The House Elf eyes Waldorf's wand, pointing his finger at the boy, weirdly. "None of your business," he grunts, then shrugs at Caim. "Dunno what you're talkin' about, boss," he says innocently, glancing back warily at the beanpole of a man behind him.

Vardah releases her sister finally and takes a few steps to the side. She tries to get a better look at the man and the machine. She's curious, she realises, even in the midst of her fear. This machine must be a great feat to work within the depths of hogwarts.

Caim glares at the House Elf for a moment, "So someone who might be able to help Bradley gets the talk of it's none of my business huh?" He shakes his head and then turns to walk out. "Well Professor Draconos gave me another task as well." His eyes shift to Aya for a few moments with a smile and then leaves the room.

The House Elf lifts a hand to point at Morlok, and the boy is blasted back by an unseen force into a wall.

Vardah cries out in shock, abandoning her previous search. She rushes over to Morlok to check that he was alright.

Morlok gets up from his crumpled position that he fell into, against the wall, and nods to Vardah quickly as if saying he's fine. "Bradley is going to die, and he's the only one that can do anything about this!" Morlok yells, seeming to be enraged, as he walks back towards the elf and the man. He reaches his non-wand hand out as if to get the attention of the artificer, his other hand still clutching his wand which is pointed at the floor.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

The House Elf then glances at the other students, the ripple of the air surrounding him seeming more menacing. In fact, his bowed head, his crooked finger. This is probably the scariest thing that's three feet tall right now. "You're all little meddlers, and can't you see Doctor Cooper is working?" he wonders, fists clenching.

Siobhan stops using a set of robes with a Slytherin crest on the chest.

Waldorf screams at the House Elf and kneels by his brother, making sure he is alright. Once his fears are erased, he turns his attention back at the house elf. "You little mongrel. Incendio!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

Daedelus's defmagic spell is cast in a manner worthy of fairy tales.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3

Vetiver already has her wand out, and has been gesturing with it since she got in here, so figures she may as well.. "Petrificus Totalus!" she cries out.

Aya blinks as Caim enters, and is then gone again. A frown forms as she turns back to the Elf, and she steps twoard him, hopefully to distract him, "Please. We just want to get rid of the dementor, and make sure Bradley is ok. Can't you do something?" She glances at the others, eyes going wide as Waldorf casts a spell.

Emelissa stays back near the door, not wanting to get involved with the proceedings.

The House Elf snatches the fireball out of the air, throwing it from hand to hand. "Hot potato, hot potato," he calls out, before he turns while Vetiver's wand is pointed, launching the fireball her way. Her spell is about to hit him, but he dives out the way, making it bounce off the wall.

Morlok seems to have gotten the distraction he needs as he grabs the shoulder of the man in the lab coat, as if to turn him around.

Vardah launches herself at her sister, trying to prevent her injury. She tries to pull her to the ground before the fireball hits.

With wide eyes, Waldorf screams at Vetiver. "Duck!"

The man suddenly jumps up, glancing over in Morlok's direction. And he turns around, lifting off his earmuffs and tossing them aside. His… resemblance to Bradley is a little depressing, shoulders hunched, standing tall, wire framed glasses and Bradley's gaunt features. "Uh… hello." He frowns when he sees the fireball being thrown at Vetiver, and lifts a wand, murmuring: "Deflecto." And smacking the fireball away.

Vetiver … Oh, hello there, fireball of my death, nice to see you coming at me like woah. Vetiver kind of flails and starts to try to dodge a fireball, but this task is totally taken away from her and she rather crumples to the floor with a shaky noise of relief. "OhgodIalmostgotroasted."

Vardah lands flat on top of Vetiver and blinks in astonishment as the fireball is neatly deflected. Why didn't SHE think of that? Not that her spells are working particularly effectively. She hugs her twin close and bursts into tears.

Morlok speaks with the same quickness, yet still polite, as earlier. "Mister Cooper? Bradley is off battling a dementor, and said something about Hogwarts crumbling. Apparently you're the only one that can do anything about it." Morlok didn't indicate exactly which /it/ he was talking about.

The House Elf sneers, but seems to back into a corner as the tall man seems to had the attention of.

From the main doorway a thin figure shuffles in; drawn in by the light and sound a disheveled mess of red hair above a smeared school uniform. The tall and normally serene Siobhan stumbles in with tripping, stuttered steps. Dirt besmirches the white uniform shirt that is now missing buttons, the pleats of her skirt are bent and muddy, and her house tie is tattered on the ends. Her skin is ghostly pale, almost blue, and her eyes distant and haunted; her feet carry her forward of their own volition.

"Doctor Cooper," the wizard explains, before he blinks at the sight of Siobhan. Seeming to forget what Morlok just told him, he rushes forward and drops to his knees in front of the girl. "What… what happened to you, girl?! What's your name?! Why are you all here?"

Vetiver pants quietly from beneath her sister, sounding a little dazed when she wonders, "…Why am I not on fire?" Cough. "….Can I have a cookie?"

Vardah weeps into her sister's shoulder. She's incoherently muttering something about almost dying and how it was all her fault.

Waldorf shakes his head in relief to see Vetiver saved from his own fireball. He turns to see the girl that the wizard was addressing. "Siobhan??" He takes a couple of steps towards her, but stops in his tracks as the man continues to ask questions. "Your…son. He needs your help."

Emerson dashes back in in a hurry, slightly out of breath, tugging Jacob along.

A House Elf is huddled in the corner. A tall man that looks oddly like Bradley, wire framed glasses and all, in a white robe kneels down and has his hands on a beat up looking Sibby's shoulders.

Emerson glances about the room frantically, surveying the others, still gnawing at his lower lip, a thin stripe of dried blood bisecting his chin.

Jacob comes on in with Emerson, pulling on his robes still. He shoots a glance around, quickly. Though he spots the house elf, now; and his eyes go wide. "..what..what happened?"

Emerson nods in rapid assent, noting the absence of the Dementor, still looking around in a rather perplexed manner. His gaze strays over towards Vardah, his thin squirmy frame relaxing slightly (though not completely) in its fidgetiness upon noting her presence.

Vetiver is totally lost for the moment, buried under her sobbing sister. Her limbs twitch a little. She finally works her way up and hugs Vardah, blinking wide eyes, and trying to figure out what's going on. "Um."

Siobhan's lips move near silently her head shaking from side to side as she is addressed, tears beginning to fall from her blue eyes as she starts to look more and more distressed. "…cauld… sa' cauld…" she whispers as her arms hang loosely at her sides, small droplets of blood dripping off her fingertips to the stone floor below. She lifts her head up as she sways despite the hands on her shoulders. "Coop'r…" she whimpers as she starts to tremble.

Morlok walks behind the doctor, opening his mouth to speak, only to stop as Waldorf mentions what he was going to reiterate.

Morlok speaks up, "Doctor! Is there something you or we can do?! The castle is acting like it is going to fall in on itself, and this house elf protecting your machine seems to be trying to kill your son!" The politeness he normally conveys is completely absent this time.

"Bradley…" The Doctor furrows his brow, before glancing over his shoulder at Waldorf, then turning his eyes back to Siobhand. He stands, now, backing up slightly and shaking his head, releasing a shuddered sigh. "No. Bradley… he died." The house elf glances at the Doctor, then hides his face with his hands. "He died, at the beginning of the school year. At… the platform. The train already had left, and he… his heart just stopped. He always had such a weak heart." He rises, glancing at the machine behind him briefly.

Emerson continues to survey the scene tenuously, and noting Siobhan's current condition, begins to tremble more noticeably.

A clap of thunder can be heard, loudly, an earsplitting one.

Still sniffling occasionally, Vardah calms significantly when her sister hugs her back. She watches the others as they talk. Bradley…. dead? It couldn't be. He had talked to them, he was being graded in class! There was no way he was dead.

Emerson stiffens, almost with a small leap at the sound of the thunder, managing to barely simulteanously clasp a small, pale hand over his mouth as he purveys the scene.

Although Ria is trembling in her shoes and was simply watching on, she moves quickly, pushing her way to Siobhan to keep her from falling disastrously. Her eyes widen though when the doctor speaks. "He…died?" she says as she attempts to keep the much taller girl up.

Jacob blinks a few times, eyes widening at the words coming from the man's mouth. At the sound of the thunder, he too, leaps almost stumbling into Emerson. Staring at the man, though his attention, almost without hesitation drifts back towards the house elf.

Waldorf bites his lip and looks to his brother. He gives a nod in understanding to his brother, and then looks back at the man. "The ghost of Bradley, then, needs your help. He was going through doors and walls, trying to fight off a dementor." Waldorf looks at the house elf with disgust, and then back to the man. "A dementor that your elf released, and almost killed us."

Jacob frowns at that, looking towards Waldorf, then the elf with a bit of sympathy crossing his face. "..was it on purpose?" he pipes up, now, looking at Waldorf then the Elf.

Emerson glances from Waldorf to the man to the elf, and to Jacob's stumbling, and back again, clearly clueless.

Morlok watches, staying quiet for the time being. His eyes follow the doctor's brief glance towards the machine, and then Morlok walks over to inspect it.

Doctor Cooper turns towards the odd, rotating machine, interlocking discs spinning. "His heart failed," he explains. "And… with his mother having been killed by the… years ago. I tried to bring her back and couldn't. Equal mass displacement. Arithmancy and medical magic hasn't expanded that far, yet." His hands shake violently. "But Bradley…" He lets out a humorless, high pitched chuckle that sends chills down the elf's spine. "He's small. He's tiny. It can work. I can… I found a way to harness this magic. To change reality, to change time! I can… I can bring him back." He shakes his head.

"Coop'r… in th' hall… Coop'r… sa' 'lone… sa cauld… two faig'rs… Coop'r…" Siobhan mumbles as the tears begin to flow more freely. "Coop'r… D'-… D'-… cauld… D'maint'r…" Her legs give out and she folds in on herself as she falls to the ground, curling into a boeny ball of red strands and coltish limbs at Ria's feet.

Vardah sniffles one last time and wipes her nose with the sleeve of her robe. She didn't cry prettily, to say the least. She looks at Doctor Cooper. She couldn't find words for the revulsion in her mind, could only shake her head. Magic was wonderful, magic could do amasing things. But bring back the dead? There were lines that shouldn't be crossed. Her head tossed from side to side, almost mechanically.

Vetiver shares a look with her sister, and the girl's confusion. "Dead? But…" she frowns, slowly reclaiming her feet and drawing Vardah up as well. "But." As Doctor Cooper speaks, the girl's eyes widen, understanding dawning slow but there. "…Bring him back." Her echo is faint. "I, but, you can't… bring people back." She looks almost blankly at the man. Her fingers tightening on Vardah's, mirroring her headshake.

"Good god!" Ria yelps as she struggles to keep Siobhan up as she falls. This infact leads to no success when the girl curls up at her feet. Still, Ria persists sitting down on the floor to at least keep the red head's upper body up by straddling her from behind and having Siobhan lean against her. "Siobhan! Siobhan! Keep awake!" she tries to shake the girl and slap her cheek lightly. Now even Ria's beginning to tear up a bit, but she's still trying to pay attention to everything.

Emerson continues to take in the scene, eyes still wide and incredulous, still squirming uncomfortably, but seeming to grasp at the bare bones of the situation, his nose crinkling slightly as he frowns, his flyaway mop of mousy hair tossed about unceremoniously as he gazes about the room, taking in the reactions of the others wordlessly, his mouth slightly agape.

Morlok stairs at the machine, although its complexity is obviously beyond any student's understanding. He speaks softly now, meant for the doctor's ears. "I know how you must feel… I lost my mother too, over a matter of the heart. But this isn't the answer." He looks the columns up and down that are powering the machine, oddly reminding him of Bradley's first reaction to the 'earthquake'. "Do you really think Bradley would want this?"

"No," chokes out Doctor Cooper. "No, you… you don't understand," he murmurs. "I've lost them all. My wife. My sons. Everyone. I've lost them all. Bradley is all I have." He clenches his fist. "I have found a way to mathematically tear a hold through reality." The earthquakes. The crumbling school. "I can do this! I can bring him back! I have that power! Don't you see?!" He turns to face the students. "I can harness this. I can use this to stop death in its tracks. I can make more! I can save the world!" He turns towards the machine, while the house elf watches, beaming with some sort of excitement.

"Oh my god, what the hell?" comes the shrill voice of Penny as she strides in through the door, planting her feet and putting her hands on her budding hips. "I would have thought everyone was hiding except for seeing Bradley, Caim, and the Mick beanpole wandering around the halls. Like what the heck is going on? If there's a party nobody told me about I'm going to be pissed."

Waldorf stares at the wizard with an open mouth as the wizard speaks. He also hears Siobhan struggle to speak, and turns only to see the red haired girl curl up and being helped by Ria. "Sio!" But just as quickly as he turns, he hears the man continuing to speak. He undecisively looks back and forth between the machine and Siobhan.

Siobhan stares a bit off into nothing, her mouth slowly working as tears continue to trickle from her eyes. "Hail Mary, full a' grace…" she mumbles as she rocks back and forth a bit.

While he turns towards the machine, the house elf moves behind him, turning to face the students, lip curving into a wicked grin.

Morlok shakes his head slightly before responding. "My mother died because she loved someone so much that she couldn't restrain herself when she lost him. Her leaving the house to get find him was the last time I saw her… because of that, I lost my father too." He looks up to the doctor, making eye contact. "Even if you could bring him back, he wouldn't be himself. You have to let him go… for it's everyone else that has to suffer when one can't control their own emotions." Morlok's words were soft, and definitely not spoken as one would expect from an eleven year old.

Emerson blinks, watching the exchange with rapt attention, his pale face stoic.

"'Dorf! 'Dorf!" Ria says, her eyes wide and teary with distress as she calls out to Waldorf, moving with Siobhan as she rocks back and forth with her. "Waldorf, I need a Fervens Aer, she's getting cold!" she asks him, but her head snaps in the direction of Dr. Cooper wondering what the hell Morlok could've said to make him react that way. She shivers however when Penny walks in and before the girl can say anything more she yells, "PENELOPE CANDEE, you get /over here/ and you HELP me with Siobhan's feet!" Though usually angelic and sweet, no one has ever seen Ria so sharp and authoritative sounding.

Vardah moves as a mouse would move, cautiously and trying not to draw attention. She edges towards the side of the room, trying to draw her sister with her. If they were going to be helpful, perhaps it would be from the sidelines—-even if her sister's way was usually more frontal assault.

Vetiver stares at Doctor Cooper, looking rather horrified. "He's really going to kill us all," she whispers, eyes pale and huge. She speaks louder, sounding a little panicked, "He's willing to kill us all, a whole school full of us, to try to bring back his son." Gripping her sister's hand, she barely turns to look at Penny's entrance, nor at poor Siobhan. She follows along with Vardah's movements, almost docile, shocked maybe.

"How could you know?!" the Doctor wonders, rounding on Morlok. "How would you know a bloody thing?! I can bring him back! I can change the world! Why do you want to take this from me?! What do you all want?! Hmm? Do you want me to be alone?!" His wand lifts, but this is much different than Galanos's showing off.

Morlok's initiative roll is 13.

Waldorf shivers uncomfortably as Morlok brings up their family history. Waldorf's thoughts are interrupted by Ria, and he rushes to Ria and Siobhan's side. He gulps, trying to swallow the golf ball that had unnoticeably creeped up his throat at the mention of his father. With a nod, his composure returns somewhat, and he points at Siobhan, muttering. "Fervens Aer"

Waldorf's charms spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emerson again fixes his eyes upon Siobhan, the shock of her condition suddenly shaking him from his distraction by the banter, again going pale(r) at the understanding of further potential gravity of the situation.

Daedelus osays , 'Adjusting my stats to match the Doc's, one sec.'

Jacob stares at the house elf, almost confusedly. "..that's.. not a good smile.." he says, taking a step backwards from the elf now; staring at it warily. "..Eechik never smiles like that.." he trails off, readying his wand now as he stares at the elf. "..ever.." he doesn't seem to really be paying mind to the talk of bringing people back from the dead, maybe he doesn't want to hear it.

Daedelus's initiative roll is 12.

Morlok's defmagic spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Morlok notices the doctor's hand raise up, wand clutched, and quickly jabs him with his own wand as if in a fencing match… nailing him right in the ribs. "Desumo!" Morlok shouts… everything happening as if reactionary.

Warm air hisses out of Waldorf's wand towards Siobhan. He carefully makes sure the warm air does not harm her, but he becomes promptly distracted by the man speaking loudly and threateningly towards his brother.

Daedelus's defmagic spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3

The Doctor brings his wand down, parrying Morlok's like one would… in a fencing match, oddly enough. He just does so, though, muttering, "Deflecto." He stumbles back, however, in surprise, and gets ready to throw a spell, but he pauses, perhaps not wanting to cast on a child.

Penny starts to walk over towards Ria automatically before stopping with a grimace. "I'm not touching living-dead girl, I'll get mudblod all over my hands. Besides, if she want so to play whatever weird game with Caim running around in that stupid dementor mask and Bradley playing evil genius or whatever, then that's her weird game. Oh my god, hold her skirt down if you're going to blow air at her you pervert, you'll- what the hell?" she asks as the deflected spell shoots by her.

Morlok's arm swings out wide as he maintains a grasp of his wand, bringing it back quickly into a ready-to-cast position and….

Morlok's initiative roll is 15.

Ria tries to hold Siobhan still as Waldorf warms her up with a stream of warm air. "Fine then just shut up then and don't get yourself hurt!" she frowns at Penny. But she then gasps when Dr. Cooper raises his wand and spells are cast by Morlok. "Oh my god! WALDORF Help Him!!!" she screams in distress, but it seems like he's already taken notice way before she did.

Daedelus's initiative roll is 20.

Emerson cringes slightly, but narrows his eyes, watching the duel between the doctor and Morlok, chewing his lip again, but this time, obviously primarily in deep thought, though still tinged with his typically nervousness.

Daedelus's defmagic spell cannot be cast much better than how they just did.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 5

Waldorf leaves Siobhan and Ria, rushing toward his brother. He points his wand up at the looming man's chest, and shouts. "Aguamenti!"

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

Vardah wishes, not without a touch of irony, that she still had a least one shoe to throw—-though at this point she wasn't sure who to throw it at. She stared at the machine instead, wondering if that were a way she could help.

Waldorf's initiative roll is 9.

"…th' lard i' wit' ye…" Siobhan mumbles from within Ria's arms. "Blais'd are ye among vairgins…"

The doctor flicks his wand in Morlok's direction. "Expelliarmus!"

Morlok's defmagic spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vetiver seems to wake up a little when spells start flying. She scrubs at her face with the hand still holding the wand, musses up her hair irreparably, and seems to have the same thought as her twin. She chews on her lower lip, and glances around for that blasted house elf even as she sidles a little closer to the machine.

Morlok shouts "Deflecto!" as the disarming spell connects perfectly with his wand that is slashing in front of him. Despite the strong, confident feeling Morlok has about the deflection cast, the wand slips right out of his hand and is heading straight for the machine.

A powerful, focused jet of water rushes towards the Doctor's torso, from Waldorf's wand. He continues yelling, "Morlok!"

Vardah shares a look with her twin and moves forward slowly, trying not to draw attention. She takes a deep breath, and clenches her eyes closed for a brief moment. She hugs her sister, smiles into her eyes and throws herself into one of the pillars—merely hoping for the best.

The Doctor is about to do something else, lifting his wand towards Waldorf, but he's blasted back by the water spell, which causes him to stumble back, almost hitting the machine. The House Elf says something weird, at that point, lifting his finger and blasting the Doctor out of the way. "I still need you!"

Ria screams when the wand it knocked out of Morlok's hand and at the Doctor's initial move toward Waldorf. Her eyes flip frantically between the Doctor, both boys and the elf. For now she keeps Siobhan to the side out of the way, she's fully crying now but still keeps rocking the girl back and forth.

Penny puts her hands on her hips again after watching the wet old man get blasted out of the way "Stupid elves get so uppity. Just everyone blast him," she says as she reaches for her wand.

Jacob shoots a glare at Penny, "Not all elves are like that! An' don't call them stupid!" he shouts.

The wand is, well, cut into peices by the machine's razor discs.

Waldorf scowls at the elf as the water stops flowing from his wand. As if watching in slow motion, he watches Morlok's wand fly out towards the machine, only a few feet away from Waldorf.

Penny grabs a slender spiraled wand of ivy.

Ria's transfiguration spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emerson seems rather transfixed with fear, but at the same time, digesting the context of the situation. His jade eyes narrow, turning towards the machine, as he seems to mentally make a connection with the contraption and the chaos. Wriggling towards the front of the crowd, he waves his wand, pointing it in the direction of one of the gears. "D-Desumo!" he shouts, stutteringly, but defiantly.

Vardah throws her hands around one of the towers, knocking it down and begin electrocuted severely. She disables the machine, but…. she's getting hurt. A lot.

Emerson's defmagic spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emelissa has just about had enough of this she turns and storms out the room running to get a professor before things get even worse.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Ria cannot believe that Penny actually said something useful for once and in such a dire circumstances. She's so proud of being a Huffie at this brief moment in time. And with a nod she says, "Incendio!" And a weak stream of fire is aimed right at the house elf.

Jacob's darkarts spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Penny's darkarts spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emerson's spell shocks the other gear, causing it to shake violently and almost get disabled.

Vardah screams as she is electrocuted, her muscles seizing.

A stray gear flies past Emerson's head, now that he's done that.

Morlok turns to reach for his wand with his off hand, recoiling just before losing a finger as his wand splinters into pieces… a poof of vapor seeming to rise from it. He turns back to the doctor, who is blasted… twice… and then down at the elf. With all the spells going on around him, he seems stuck… transfixed where he stands… not able to move or talk for the first time since he got to Hogwarts.

Still glaring at Penny, though he couldn't argue she was right about attacking all at once. "Everte Statum!" he shouts, pointing his wand at the elf. Shutting his eyes, and grimacing some.

Waldorf The scowl on Waldorf's face turns to fury. He adjusts his position so that he can safely attack the elf, and shouts, "Incendio!"

Vetiver is heading after her sister with the same intention, a thankful few steps behind. She shrieks to see her sister caught up and wounded, and flings her wand out, screaming "Everte Statum!" in an attempt to throw her sister away from the machine. Tears start to stream from her eyes.

Waldorf's transfiguration spell is cast as only a great wizard can. It is indeed flawless in every manner.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3

Emerson ducks to the side to avoid the whizzing gear, and noting Vardah's condition, dashes to her side, all other thoughts abandoned.

The House Elf snatches an Incendio out of the air, then lubs it at Jacob, but both he and the fireball is blasted back. Meanwhile, Vetiver blasts her sister off a coil, to safety. The Doctor scrambles back, watching all this with horror. The House Elf struggles to a seated position.

Penny, still not fully aware of the situation and what has led to it, absently flicks her wand and mutters "Everte statum…" at the seated elf, getting an absent yet present effect in return.

Emerson wrings his hands ineffectively, his lower lip again gnawed to the point of drawing blood. "It…it's the m-machine! Do…do something t-to it!" he shouts, his gaze never leaving Vardah.

Vardah twitches and moans in pain. She pushes herself up off the floor shakily and looks blearily around the room. HOw many more pillars were left? She would throw herself on another, if she needed to, despite the pain.

Jacob grits some as the elf grabs the incendio, when it's almost lobbed at him he cringes. Though realizing the elf and fireball are thrown back, he relaxes some; turning his attention to the machine. "Um.. Incendio!"

Jacob's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the transfiguration spell!
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Waldorf's wand emits a large jet of fire that arcs towards the house elf like a flamethrower.

"… pray f'r us sain'rs now, an' ain th' hour a' our daet'" Siobhan mumbles from the ground as the spells begin to fly towards the elf. "Holy Mary, Moth'r a' grace," she starts again a little louder.

Ria's transfiguration spell works very slightly and is cast, but to a very weak degree.
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 6.

Caim steps into the room and looks around for a moment, not really paying attention to any of the other students around as his attention was completely focused on the man in the labcoat.

The House Elf is thrown off his feet, corkscrewing through the air and hitting the wall. He grunts as he stands against it, then rises, shakily, before lifting his hand. A glowing green light emits at the tip of his finger, but the stream of fire collides with the elf, and he just catches it, but luckily, Waldorf just stopped it from doing something particularly nasty.

Vetiver's darkarts spell works quite well, having the effect desired at a great strength.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

The man in the labcoat is watching the events with horror, before he pushes to his feet, grabbing his wand. He lifts it towards Vardah, shakily. "It wasn't supposed to be this way," he murmurs. "I'm so sorry. Epsikey!"

Caim leaned over and whispered to Bradley.

Ria immediately takes action when Emerson calls attention to the machine. "Aguamenti!" she says, rocking Siobhan on one arm and squirting some water at the machine. Her eyes search the scape before her when she catches Morlok stiff in the midst of it all. "Hey! Morlok! Morlok! Snap out of it! Get out of the way!" she yells, hoping that'll wake him from his stupor.

Emerson still hangs at Vardah's side, viridian eyes wide and imploring. At the doctor's incantation, he casts his gaze in the man's direction, frightened and confused.

When his wand fizzles, Jacob frowns and tries again. "Incendio!!" he shouts, pointing it towards the machine.

Jacob's transfiguration spell works…. but it is very very weak..
Spell Type: transfiguration, Difficulty Used: 3.

Vetiver is sobbing snottily at this point, watching her sister get back to her feet with something akin to relief.. or what might be when she calms down. As it is, she just keeps yelling her favoured spell at the machine, regardless of the effects. Like she wants to beat it to death as if it were a living /creature/ that hurt her twin. She looks held back from physically attacking only by what she watched it do to Vardah.

Vardah gasps as the Doctor sends his spell her way. She flinches reflexively, expecting offensive magic. Still, she glares at the machine, unaware of Emerson's gaze and points her wand.

Vardah's wand fizzles a bit as they fail to cast the darkarts spell!
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Emerson distractedly aims his wand at another gear. "Desumo!" he shouts again, this time with no trace of stutter.

Emerson's defmagic spell works alright, and the effect is minorly achieved, but it is far from a great spell.
Spell Type: defmagic, Difficulty Used: 3.

At best, the Doctor's spell stops the pain. The house elf screams in rage as the machine is destroyed, peice by peice, and then finally by the weak Incendio Jacob blasts it with. The House Elf clenches his fists, a wave of energy knocking EVERYONE off their feet.

Penny looks down at her wand with a frown, then back at the rapidly realing elf. A not very kind light fills her eyes as she tries something closer to home. "Vertex…"

Penny's charms spell is cast brilliantly and the effect is exactly how he desired it.
Spell Type: charms, Difficulty Used: 3.

Morlok seems to snap out of his trance as Ria yells his name. Pulling his gaze away from the machine. He quickly comes to his senses and begins rummaging through his bag, pulling out some stargrass salve and throwing it to an injured student. "Use that, it should help…" Morlok is knocked off his feet by the house elf, potions in vials being thrown amongst the ground… one rolling right past the house elf.

Emerson falls to the floor on his bony posterior with a loud "Oof," reeling noticeably at the shock wave, unable to move for a moment.

Caim is sent to his feet and then slowly climbs back to them. "Sir!" He called out, trying to get the Doctor's attention. "Mr. Cooper!" He says and then starts to walk forward towards the coated an.

"… pray f'r us sain'rs, now'n at th' hour of our dait'… Amen…" comes the soft whisper from Siobhan before her face smooths out, her color returning, her mutterings going silent.

Vardah is thrown against the wall, but could hardly lose her feet given she hadn't had the chance to regain them. SHe shakes her head dazedly.

Waldorf falls back, buttocks first. Paralyzing waves of pain surge up from his tail bone, through the spine, and into the back of his head, and then all the way back down, over and over again. He twitches slightly before struggling to get back to his feet. He says weakly, "Doctor…your house elf."

Jacob is sent flying into the ground -hard-, when the energy blasts him back. Though he's easily knocked unconsious from the impact, he goes out with a grin on his face.

The Doctor groans, struggling to his hands and knees. The House Elf rounds on Caim. "You couldn't just stop meddling!" he cries out, lifting a crooked finger towards the boy. "Now, die!" And then streaks of a glowing green light fly towards Caim, but Bradley steps in front of it, taking the magic to the chest. And the House Elf just stares, as Bradley seems unaffected. Bradley, however, stares at the elf, and then begins to sob. The Doctor doesn't seem to notice Bradley, though, as he rises.

"AH!" Ria screams, pulling one side of her robes and her arm over Siobhan as the impact knocks her powerfully over to the floor. Hear head slams on the floor underneath her but at best it makes her dizzy. She's still fully awake.

Vardah had moved to check on Emerson after the blast but froze, gawking at Bradley and the elf. She was frozen.

The Doctor glances at Waldorf, then at the House Elf, then at Vardah. "What have I done?" he says quietly.

Penny looks up at the ceiling from the ground across the room where she suddenly finds herself, blowing a blond lock from her face. "OK, seriously, what the fuck was all this about…?

Emerson scrabbles backwards upon the flagstones, his own panicked gaze flicking to Vardah, Jacob, and Caim.

Vetiver stumbles back, thrown off her feet and landing hard on her back. The side of her head gives the floor a rough, hard kiss, and she lands on her side, slowly curling up and staring blankly at the floor.

Caim stepped behind Bradley. "So it is you! You're the one that has been keeping this going foreward." He glared at the Elf. "Dr. Cooper. You're son is right here." He said as he gestured in front of him. "Everyone can see him but you."

Vardah sees her twin thrown prone on to the floor, she gasps and half runs, half stumbles towards her. "Veti!" she cries, with the beginings of tears in her eyes. She blinks rapidly to clear them so she could see. She leans over her sister, afraid to touch her.

Morlok climbs back up to his feet, slowly, and looks to see what reaction the doctor will have to Caim.

Bradley moves over to Siobhan, quietly. He falls to his knees, gently, and moves to kiss the redheaded girl on the cheek gently.

The Doctor shakily watches Caim, blinking back tears. The House Elf, meanwhile, just gawks at Bradley. "His heart failed on the platform," the doctor echoes his past words.

Siobhan's eyes flutter as a gasp escapes from her lips. Her head turns as she tries to focus, her brow creasing together as she looks up at the boy kneeling above her. "Coop'r…?"

Ria opens her eyes briefly to witness Bradley peck Siobhan, who she is cradling. But she's so dizzy and disoriented that she's not sure if its real. "Bradley…" she gives a breathy whisper.

Caim nodded, "I don't deny that Sir, but Bradley didn't leave. You have been keeping him here. You have to let him go and allow your son to rest sir."

Emerson hangs close to Vardah, fidgeting uncomfortably at her obvious fear for her twin, clearly uncertain of what to do, his attention divided between her and the interaction between Caim and the doctor, as well as Siobhan.

Bradley nods slowly. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you," he murmurs to Ria and Siobhan. "I did my best. I kept trying to stop everything from happening. But…" He turns his eyes towards the house elf. "I kept trying to hold them off. The Dementors… the scarabs, the-the firewasps." He closes his eyes. "Tell him, Caim. Tell him my heart didn't kill me."

The House Elf backs up at Bradley's words, then glances around a moment, lip trembling.

Caim nodded to Bradley as he listened and then turned towards Dr. Cooper. "Bradley needs you to know… That Bradley's heart wasn't the cause of his death. He was in fact on a train platform, then suddenly he saw a green flash of light." He said slowly, making sure the Doctor heard him clearly.

Vetiver blinks a few times, but doesn't move. Hard to say whether she's too hurt, or too busy trying to listen to what's going on.

"Brother…mate, your wand. Your wand!" Waldorf cries out. He looks about the room in exasperation, and falls back to the ground, exhausted.

At the sign of life from her sister, Vardah sniffs loudly and takes her in her arms gently. Cradling Vetiver, she was barely paying attention to the others around her. The conversation was only peripheral to the importance that Veti was safe. Still, the words registered on some level because she gave a hard shiver at the pronouncement of how Bradley died.

Morlok seems to be holding himself together, although closer inspection can show him clenching his teeth together. He's obviously having to try and hold himself together. He hears his brother's words and his posture immediately slumps… he stays quiet, however, listening to the story of the unforgivable curse.

Jacob is still unconsious.

Penny pushes herself up to sitting, fist making sure that her skirt isn't indecent before she looks over to the boy above the redhead. "How does she get all the boys…? Even the creepy ones…"

The Doctor watches Caim uncertainly, and then realization draws on his face. He stares at the boy, his lower lip beginning to tremble now as he backs up against the wall. He then says, quietly, "I… I told you to look after him. I said… make sure he makes it to Hogwarts," the doctor murmurs, turning his gaze on the House Elf.

Ria begins to cry a bit when Bradley speaks to her and Sio and then to all the other. For now she wraps her arms around Siobhan to keep her arm as she continues to listen and watch, still feeling dizzy.

Emerson continues to squirm, obviously still at war with his own ineffectiveness. Cognizant of Vardah's occupation with her sister (who he now notes is breathing, at least), he casts his gaze back towards Jacob, noting the boy's prone form, dashing over to his side.

Bradley moves, as well, drifting after Emerson. He kneels down next to Jacob as well, then places his hand on Jacob's forehead.

Emerson gently shakes Jacob, the unconscious boy's head lolling limply. "J-jacob!" he exclaims. "Are…are you okay? P-please wake up!" he intones, a note of urgency in his voice.

Caim nods as his suspisions had been a little right and turned to look at Bradley for a moment before his gaze rested on the house elf. Caim reached into his pants pocket and then pulled out his wand which simply rested in his hand at his side. A book under his arm and a flashlight in his other hand.

Jacob suddenly blinks awake, looking around some. "..did I hit it?" he asks, almost immediately upon coming too.

Emerson winces, drawing away from Bradley a bit, yet still remaining protectively at Jacob's side. "D-don't hurt him!" he exclaims, still eyeing Bradley with a high degree of suspicion.

The House Elf begins to blurt: "I did, didn't I? I did make sure he got to Hogwarts." His voice is low, but he speaks almost gleefully. "See? There he is? You… didn't say I had to bring him dead or alive." He begins to laugh, then cackle madly.

Bradley glances aside at the House Elf, then glances at Emerson, standing and backing away. "I was just trying to -" he cuts himself off, then glances over at Siobhan and Ria. "To help."

Vardah had been carding her fingers through her sister's hair, checking for bumps indicating an injury when the elf spoke and could only stare blankly at the elf. She alternated staring at the elf in shock and looking at Bradley for answers.

Caim glares at the House Elf, "So you killed him! You killed Bradley!" Caim was obviously getting mad now and then points his wand at the House Elf. "How dare you work at his father's side this whole time, as if you did nothing!"

Waldorf lets out a loud groan as he pushes himself back to his feet. He looks around the room, alternating between the Doctor, the house elf, Bradley, and Caim. His gaze halts at the cackling elf. A vein can be seen pulsing furiously by each of Waldorf's temple's.

Siobhan watches as Bradley gets up and starts away. She pushes hersefl up to a sitting position as well, though still leaning heavily against Ria. "Ait nohminee pahtree," she starts softly, "Ait feeli, aet sancti…"

Emerson cringes at the exchange between Caim and the elf. He quickly turns his gaze back towards Bradley. "If…if you want to help, help s-stop HIM!" he exclaims, pointing shakily at the house elf. "He…he did this t-to you, and to…to all of us!"

Vetiver winces a little as she's cuddled, and dizzily eyes the ceiling. "This is really f… really f… really messed up," she murmurs up to the identical face above her. Apparently TWO swears in a night, even one such as this, is too much for the girl. She shakes her head weakly and squirms into a slightly more sitting position, though she gives up fairly quickly with a harsh sigh. "Crazy…"

Ria gasps when the House Elf cackles, more tears forming in her eyes at the story, and a bit of blood from her head comes trickling down the side of her face where her head made impact. Her teary eyes look at Bradley as she bites her lip and she rocks Siobhan back and forth again.

"I did what I had to do!" the House Elf cries out madly. "I did what I had to do to get the Doctor's work done! Imagine what the master can do with that power?!" He throws off his sack, displaying a rather nude form, but it's covered in tattoos. Like a Yakuza, dragon tattoos. "Don't you see?! This was all for the -" a familiar voice calls out, "Avada Kedavra." And then a flash of green light. And then, when it fades, at Vetiver's feet, the House Elf is dead.

Emerson freezes in place, his jaw hanging slack.

Morlok begins to pick up a few of this potions he had dropped, looking up as the elf begins to get loud again. He looks to the doorway as the green light flashes through, instantly recognizing the voice. He drops his head, as if disappointed.

Caim paused as he listened to the House elf and then turned to look towards Galanos and watches him for a few moments before looking to Bradley for a moment and then taking a few steps closer to the House Elf, his own wand still pointed at the creature. "Devoted… but devoted in a horrible way." Caim says and then turns around to look at the Doctor and then to Bradley again.

Vardah gasps, unable to put voice to her feelings. In shock, she could only stare at the insane elf. While she knew he was gone, and was glad for it, something inside her cried at the loss. She felt hot tears on her cheeks and gripped her sister harder. She understood for the first time what it would mean for a life to end—suddenly, without warning.

Jacob groans some, rubbing his head a bit. "..s'fine.. me.. and Bradley are kinda friends.. we talked at Halloween." he says, looking towards the ghost..thing. Though at the sudden voice shouting one of the forbidden curses he looks up. Eyes widening.

Vetiver just.. kind.. of.. stares. At her feet. And the naked dead tattooed house elf there. She angles a foot to cover the nakedness from her view. And keeps staring. She opens her mouth to say something, falters, and closes it again. One hand raises to grab at Vardah's arm in some semblance of return hug, but she just keeps staring.

"Exstaing'n'shar 'n ta omnis virtus d'ab'li…" Siobhan continues softly as she is rocked back and forth. "Et perduc't tay ad vit'm aitairnam…" she whispers as the elf falls, her eyes shifting to Bradley as she continues in a whisper. "Accept, dare bro'thr, th' body a' our sav'yer…".

Galanos presses his lips faintly. "I gave you clothes a long time ago, you fool," he mutters towards the House Elf. Behind him, in the common area are the rest of the staff, and another person that none of you recognize, a man in black robes wearing an odd hat. "I… alright, that's enough. Your authorization to use the Curse is done, Draconos," the black robed man states, looking very tired. The former dark wizard kicks the house elf in the side, sharply, before glancing about. He then sighs. "You all are in so much trouble."

Caim turned to look at the Professor and shook his head a little before turning back towards the Elf and then to Doctor Cooper, adrinaline flowing through him. "We're in trouble? We're in trouble for finding the problem?" He says more to himself than anyone else.

Emerson stands frozen, still seemingly processing the happenings around him, his typical squirming returning slowly, but surely, as he cringes at the professor's words.

Ria begins quietly sobbing uncontrollably at the fall of the House Elf and Siobhan's latin makes her even worse as she just leans her face onto the top of the girl's red curls, crying into her head.

Morlok looks up a bit, towards the dark arts professor, disappointment still across his own face. The mention of trouble doesn't seem to have any affect on Morlok at this point, as he takes another glance towards the machine.

Jacob seems to be propped up against the wall; rubbing his head still. He doesn't look at the dead elf, and always diverts his eyes from the corpse.

"You disobeyed my orders. Deliberately. You used magic improperly. You destroyed a piece of artificing technology," Draconos growls, and then… oddly, he wearily leans against the doorway. "And you saved the school, and hundreds of lives."

Bradley seems to be fading away as the machine fizzles, and he lets out a loud cry of pain, suddenly, grasping onto Caim. "It hurts."

The edges of Waldorf's mouth curl upwards as he gazes down at the dead house elf. He looks up to Galanos and the other strange man, and does not hide his smirk at the mention of getting into trouble. He begins to speak softly, "We might be in a bit of trouble, but I think I speak for all of us students when I say that we've done more good than harm, Professor."

At his first words, Vardah could feel tension coiling within her. Trouble? Trouble for protecting themselves and each other? But as Dracono continued, she could feel herself relaxing… which only encouraged the tears faster. With Bradley's cry of pain, she closed her eyes. Would they lose another, this evening? Had they not been through enough?

Caim actually seemed to completely ignore the Professor at this point as he held onto Bradley as well. "I'm sorry Bradley…" He said as his eyes started to fill with tears and dropped to his knees as he held Bradley as tight as he could for as long as he could. "I'm sorry Bradley."

Emerson bites his lip, struggling against the urge to nod in agreement with Waldorf.

Emerson glances towards Vardah, his gnawing at his lip intensifying upon seeing her tears.

Vetiver winces visibly when the elf is kicked, as if worried it's going to be kicked into her, or something. The girl finally puts her wand down in her lap, and reaches up to rub at her abraded cheek, catching her lower lip. To stop the wibbling of it as tears fill her eyes as well. She turns enough to at least partially bury her face against Vardah's shoulder, unable to listen to Bradley's pain any more than she is.

Bradley squeezes his eyes tightly, gripping onto Caim's arms. He drops with the boy, shaking violently, and even Galanos seems to back up to give all the students some room. "I tried to stop it. I tried to help." He watches Siobhan and Ria for a moment, then closes his eyes, his breathing becoming labored. "He needs to let me go. Please. It hurts so bad. He needs to let me go."

"…who'll kape ya safe from th' farces of aiv'l…" Siobhan continues as Galanos steps up to speak. "…Prataict ya, an' daiyliv'r ya ta aytairn'l loif…" she says as she starts pushing herself to her feet to make her way to Bradley in an unsteady stumble, Dropping down next to him and Caim. "Bradlay Coop'r," she says softly, "Bay't paice. It's yar toim ta rest… Cai'm Fitxgerald, it's toim ta let'm go. Bay't paice. Raist now an slaep."

Emerson seems to almost shrink in upon himself, obviously feeling rather small amidst the gravity of the recent tumult.

Caim looked over to Dr. Cooper. "You're son is in pain, if you don't let go of him he will forever be in pain and will never know rest." Caim said as tears flowed down his cheeks as he listened to Bradley, trying his best to stay with him until the end, just as he promised.

The Doctor, meanwhile, confusedly glances around at all the trouble he's caused, moving towards Ria and Siobhan and kneeling down in an attempt to help, but blinking as he draws away from her, and the words she says towards Caim.

Morlok looks over to the doctor, but no words come up. He looks back to Bradley and mouths 'sorry', seeing him in so much pain.

Still bleeding out of her head, Ria shoots her gaze up, her face looking up helplessly at Bradley as she sobs. "Let him go Caim. Let him go," she struggles out breathily with calm. Her hazel eyes look wide at the Doctor and then back to Caim and Bradley.

Emerson turns away from the gaggle of other students, clearly moved and disturbed, and quite unsettled by all the tears, swaying awkwardly as he takes a few steps away from the group.

Morlok shakes his head slightly to the other students, "It's not Caim that has to let him go…" he turns to face to the man in the lab coat, "Doctor."

Caim shakes the other students off of him as they seemed to think that Caim was the cause and then a sigh of releif as Morlok understood.

"I… don't know how," the Doctor murmurs, admittedly, as the children's tears seem to cause his own eyes to wetten slightly, but he seems unable to do anything at the moment, including see his son. "I don't know how. He's all I have left," he murmurs, his voice pained, his words seemingly for Siobhan, Caim, and Morlok.

Caim slowly stood and walked over towards the Doctor. "You have to accept that your son is dead. You can't bring him back." He said sadly and was still hugging Bradley, hoping the Doctor would be able to notice Bradley in his arms.

Siobhan shifts her attention up to the doctor, her eyes full of understanding compassion. "Tak a' breath, sir, an' let't out. Say yar son .n a green grassy field, th' son on's face an' warm. A happier place, a good place. Say'm walk down inta a maydow, an bay happy far him as'y walks. Laet'm walk. Laet'm go…."

Ria stops and blinks when Morlok speaks. Disoriented she looks up at the Doctor. Her hazel eyes wide and teary and her face pale. "You have people here that you can still help," she says with a struggle, adding to Caim's words. "He's gone, but he's in pain. And he'll continue to be that way unless you let go."

Morlok looks up to the Doctor, taking a step towards him. "He's here… I would suggest saying your peace. If you could tell him anything at all, one last time, what would it be?"

Waldorf loses his smirk as he looks at Bradley, finally seeming to acknowledge how much pain the boy was in. He nods solemnly at his brother's words, and looks away from the Doctor and Bradley. He stares down at his feet, trying to fight away melancholy emotions by feigning apathy.

Emerson leans against the wall. listening to the exchange from a distance, a small choked noise emanating from within his throat, as he surreptitiously slinks farther away from the group.

"Grassy field…" The Doctor echoes Siobhan. "Sun's on his face. And warm. In a meadow…" he breaks off in a sob. "And… with his mother and brother." Bradley's screaming seems to lower. Galanos watches this all, and averts his eyes, fists clenching, saying nothing. "I love you. I… wish I could see you one last time, and kiss you… and tell you everything's going to be okay," the Doctor babbles, wiping his eyes.

Caim quickly whispers to Bradley as he starts to grow quiet.

Emerson seems to no longer be able to endure the raw emotion, and dashes off to the west, just as the vestiges of full-fledged sobs threaten to make an appearance.

Bradley closes his eyes, and shakes his head. "Tell him I'll have… I'll have mom to do that. He's done all he could now. He needs… he needs to make up for it. He needs to… tell him I'll be okay. To just let me sleep."

Caim speaks Bradley's words for him to his father. "Bradley says, he will have Mom to do that. You've done all you could now, you need to make up for it. You need to know that Bradley will be ok, you just need to let him sleep." Caim says slowly and tried to put the emotion from Bradley behind his own words.

Siobhan pushes herself to her feet stiffly, reaching for the doctors hand to taking in in her own blood-covered one. "Aiv'ry t'ing wael bay foin… let'm go home. Laet'm bay fray…" she whispers, emphasizing Caim's words.

The Doctor stares down at Caim, before glancing at Siobhan, for some reason. "So… heaven. It exists, right? I mean… it goes against everything I believe, everything I've… calculated-" he is cut off by his hand being taken. "Okay… okay. I… I love you, Bradley. I am sorry I couldn't save you."

Caim turned towards the Doctor, with Bradley in front of himself, and pressed into the Doctor. Caim's hands would force him to stop before Caim actually pressed into the Doctor, in hopes that this would at least help to show the Doctor that his son was right here before him.

The Doctor blinks at Caim's actions, but doesn't seem to feel anything. However, the effort's not lost, and he keeps hold of Siobhan's hand, while Bradley slowly begins to fade away, releasing a shuddering breath. His last words:

Bradley says, 'I'm gonna miss it here.'

« Bradley is completely gone. »

Ria lets out a sigh when Siobhan gets up off her, taking a deep breath since she was /a lot/ heavier than people realize. Though with dizzy vision she blinks through her tears and through a bit of blood as Bradley fades off. "Good bye," she whispers to no one at all.

Jacob takes in a deep breath, frowning as he waves slowly towards the fading spirit. "..bye.."

Siobhan smiles up at the doctor. "B'lave," she tells him earnestly as she steps to the side, still holding his hand. As the boy fades away she speaks softly to herself, "Ain nominay pahtry, ait fili spairi'tu santi…"

"…amen…"

Caim's hands fall to his chest, showing just how hard he was holding Bradley, as there is a thud when they collide. He then looks up to the Doctor, tears streaming down his cheeks, as he falls down to his knees and then to the ground completely. Professor Draconos' flashlight rolled from his grip as the book and his wand fall away as well.

After a long moment of silence, Galanos turns, muttering as he begins to stride out, "I have a dementor to kill."

Galanos leaves west.

Penny walks up from behind, her hands back on her hips. "Wait, that wasn't Caim in his stupid mask? OK, seriously… what… the hell."

Waldorf sheepishly looks up, and sees that Bradley was no longer with them. His eyes wander to the somber faces in the room, before finally settling his gaze on his own brother.

Vardah whispers quietly. "Vale," and smiles through her tears.

A faint warmth brushes over you, and you hear a voice whisper in your ear, "Thank you."

Morlok offers the slightest of smiles to the doctor, trying to be comforting. He looks at the others, ending on Waldorf, and he nods. Picking up his bag, Morlok heads for the hallway.

Jacob's darkarts spell works fairly well, having the desired effect.
Spell Type: darkarts, Difficulty Used: 3.

Jacob glances at Penny, and pulls his wand out. "..'trificus totalus.." he mutters, annoyedly pointing his wand at Penny.

Vetiver shivers faintly and takes a breath, raising her head from Vardah's shoulder when everything seems to be a little more settled. She reaches up, scrubbing at her tear-streaked face. She almost misses Jacob casting at Penny, and drops her hands into her lap to stare.

Siobhan stands, continuing to smile softly at Bradley's last place, her hand holding his father's…

The Doctor glances down at Siobhan, then squeezes her hand, leaning against the wall and sinking down, some sobs escaping him.

One of the staff members sighs at Jacob as Penny is petrified, and lifts a wand. "Deletrius," he murmurs. "Ah… ca-can you all go to the Great Hall, or your common rooms," the professor murmurs. It's Professor Summberbe, notably.

Caim looks up from the ground and looks between Sio and the Doctor. Caim grabbed his wand again and slipped it into his pocket and then sat beside the Doctor, hoping that the company will help him.

Waldorf nods at Professor Summberbe, and scuffles back towards the Guest common room. He gives the machine and some of the people in the room one last look before heading out the door.

Caim realized that he was still wearing his mask and removed it, replacing it back in his bag.

Caim stops using a darkly hued mask shaped like a Dementor's hood.

Caim puts a darkly hued mask shaped like a Dementor's hood in a small, heavy-duty backpack made of black leather.

Ria simply sits there and closes her eyes with a sigh. She hasn't realized she's bleeding out of her head and half of her was convinced it was all a dream. Petrified Penny is ignored for now as she struggles to get herself up.

Summberbe does grumble: "I would have taken some points, but everyone's about to be getting an obscene number, so… just… get out of here," he mutters. The black robed wizard, meanwhile, stares at the Doctor, but lets the students comfort him. The Matron tells Ria, "You're coming with me, dear."

Ria hmms and looks up at the Matron. "What? Oh alright," she says with a bit of a confused nod and just complies for now.

Vetiver slowly works her way to her feet, still feeling rather dizzy. "C'mon, Vardah," she murmurs, tugging her sister up with a slight waver. "I don't wanna stay in here any longer." She gives her twin a meaningful look. Then, head down, she covers her scraped up cheek with one hand and heads toward the door

After waiting for a few moments Caim would reach his hand over towards the Doctor's hand and couldn't help but feel bad for him his friends father. He then leaned towards the man a little and rested against him.

The Doctor leans back and holds the two children close, sobbing openly while the rest of the staff try to shepherd the students into the Hall.

Vardah leans against her twin. "Could I stay with you tonight, maybe? I don't really want to sleep alone."

Penny follows out behind the group of students. "No, seriously… what the heck happened before I came in?" she can be heard asking down the hallway.

Caim had managed to only cry so far, but once the Doctor actually started to sob it brought Caim into sobbing as well. Feeling a weaker degree of despair than the man, but truly understood how he felt.

Vetiver leaves west.
Vardah leaves west.

Siobhan remains, unfrozen, but holding the hand of the doctor, lending what strength she has left to the man who has lost more than she.

Jacob groans some, rubbing his head a bit as he takes a final glance towards the Doctor. Though his gaze inadvertedly falls to the dead house elf.. and almost automatically, Jacob vomits on the floor. "..Ugh.." he mutters, trudging slowly out of the room.

The black robed wizard steps back from the vomit, and lifts his eyes to the ceiling. "Oh, blog."

OOC left the room at this point«<